Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Months Notice

Options
  • 06-02-2009 7:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭

I am currently an O2 broadband customer. I have been with them for well over a year so the obligatory one year contact no longer applies to me. Recently I decided that I wanted to get rid of my O2 modem. I was doing this for a number of reasons (cost, lack of use, signal quality). In general I found it to be a very good service with not too many things to complain about. The customer service was always very good and probably the best thing I found about the company.

My query is in relation to the termination of my O2 broadband. I spoke to 02 customer service and I was told that I would have to give one months written notice. I am just wondering if this is really the case as I don't recall seeing it in any terms and conditions. I am trying to find the terms and conditions that I received so I could be completely wrong about this and I am willing to be corrected.

Well you might ask why does it matter. Well at the moment I just started my billing month so if I was to give a months notice I would be in a second month of billing before they would cancel my connection which would be a bit annoying. Everything is probably above board but if some one could shed some light on this situation I would highly appreciate it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

You give your 30 days notice and they will refund anything over that is my understanding, once you are out of contract.

e.g. your payment goes out on the 1st of the month. You've now decided to cancel on ther 6th. If you give your months notice then your account will terminate on the 6th of next month and you will be refunded any rental you have paid for periods beyond that.

Give them a call and confirm what I just said, but this is what has happened me with them before and with other companys too.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

They usually just cancel it on your bill cycle but thats the red tape method tbh, I always used to just send a customer an email myself, you need to reply in writing and once i recieved the mail back cancelled it myself, can be done in literally 5 seconds, if you email either customer.care@o2.ie or reachout@o2.com they'll do it, or just go to the o2.ie website and onto the customer forum , pm Daryll and ask him to do it for you

Advertisement