Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Automatic pencil sharpner

• 06-02-2009 7:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭

OK so I'm lazy, but I'm fed up sharpening the entire contents of my 5 year old's pencil case twice a week.

So I'm looking for one of these:

pensil_sharp.jpg

Costing just short of £6 inc. delivery from this ebayer.

Anyone see anything similar in any of the chain stores or pound shops?

invest4deepvalue.com

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭Frank3142

in school our teacher bought 1 for 100 euroish, it tops to optimum angle of 18 degrees. you should probably check if they sharpen colours ours cant because they will ruin the blades.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,121 ✭✭✭John mac

OK so I'm lazy, but I'm fed up sharpening the entire contents of my 5 year old's pencil case twice a week

Give the 5 year old a pencil sharpner! to do it as needed.

(thats what i did with our 5 yo):D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

John mac wrote: »
    Give the 5 year old a pencil sharpner! to do it as needed.

(thats what i did with our 5 yo):D

:D That's half the problem he loves sharpening and doesn't stop, he'd have me bankrupt in no time sharpening them down to their butts!

The other problem is all those coloured pencils are prone to the whole tip breaking off just when you have them finished, I think this type actually sands them down rather than cutting them and so doesn't put the same stress on the leads causing them to break.

invest4deepvalue.com

Advertisement