Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with 12v starter motor

Options
  • 06-02-2009 7:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

hey guys no matter what i do i can never start my raptor 30 smoothly i dont know whats wrong my starter motor always go crazy. i am not sure is it the shaft or rubber grip if please somebody help me with this]

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭syl77

How do you mean you can't start it smoothly. Is the starter wand coming away from the rubber on the starter or is grinding against the starter shaft coupler. If its the latter, you may need a new coupler.
    I started with a raptor 30 and used a starter wand that was attached via the rubber cup to the starter. I could never get in on right, it always wobbled when I used it.
    I now have a Dynatron with a sullivan starter wand. Its rock solid and will start anything with no hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 fiqa

thanks for the help . when ever i try to satr it always wable around and the rubber grip always come out so what you think i have to buy a new rubber grip for the starter shaft. I recently bought my starter motor so i really dont wana buy a new one

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭syl77

If you think the rubber is well worn (say from starting planes) then maybe, yes a new rubber might help. If not, see if your starter wand can fit directly on to the starter with out the cup or rubber, thats with them off. Thats probably your best bet for a secure starter.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 fiqa

thats what i thaught as well because i useless it has no grip at all. i found a rubber grip which is alot softer from hobbico i hope it will work

Advertisement