Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

England v Italy (pre/during/post thread)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

Trampas wrote: »
    Italy are bad

Correction, Bergamasco is an awful SH. He is losing this game for Italy right now. They have decent possession but he is making so many mistakes and is slow slow that it is meaningless to them.

EDIT: If France, Ireland, Wales or even Scotland were playing Italy right now they would be all over them. Italy are making a poor England team look decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Bollocks, England 12 Italy 0.

*Turns off*

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭Trampas

2 gifted tries.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Bollocks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭Euro_Kraut

Oh lord this is painful, you cannot play a flanker as a scrm half! Its a very specialized position. There has to be one decent SH in the whole of Italy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Italy are a shambles.

Looked like Cueto made no effort to get back to his feet for that try.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Once again its just Parisse vs XV. I love Bergamasco but for god sake he aint a SH.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Jaysus that was a great tackle there by Masi.

Euro_Kraut wrote: »
    Oh lord this is painful, you cannot play a flanker as a scrm half! Its a very specialized position. There has to be one decent SH in the whole of Italy.

They have an inexperienced SH on the bench, but he would be much better. I expect he will be brought on at half time at the latest.

I honestly don't know what Mallet was thinking. I just wish Italy would start to scare England a bit if even just to hear Brian Moore have one of his hissy fits!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

I'd imagine even Troncon would do a better job at organising the forwards.

2 gifted tries, Italy just need to calm down a little and put some structure into the set plays.

Andy Goode's goalkicking is woeful

• Advertisement

Noopti wrote: »
    They have an inexperienced SH on the bench, but he would be much better. I expect he will be brought on at half time at the latest.

I honestly don't know what Mallet was thinking. I just wish Italy would start to scare England a bit if even just to hear Brian Moore have one of his hissy fits!

Unfortunately for us they will probably have that sorted out by the time we play they in Rome next week.

England are poor to be honest, Haskell and Ellis aside.

Both teams are dreadful really. England have been literally handed two tries, they have shown very little elsewhere.

Someone please put big brother Bergamasco out of his misery.

Feck!! Another gift to England from Mallets mad SH selection. 19-0

Jaysus there's a third and you know what its not England are playing decent when the passes have been decent the Italians have looked competitive. Man i feel bad for Bergamasco that's the last thing you'd want to be remembered for.

Unfortunately for us they will probably have that sorted out by the time we play they in Rome next week.

England are poor to be honest, Haskell and Ellis aside.

They are very poor. Whatever score they get (another try just scored) is no indication of an improvement on their side. Bergamasco is causing nearly every English score!

I feel sorry for him, he shouldn't even be put in that position.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭Trampas

make that 3 grifs.

Bergamasco must have a fortune on England

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭BOHSBOHS

make that 3 gifted tries ...this cud be a record score lol

Orizio wrote: »
    Someone please put big brother Bergamasco out of his misery.

Its a real shame isn't it? He is such a great number 7. One of the best in the History of the Six Nations.

Its a real shame isn't it? He is such a great number 7. One of the best in the History of the Six Nations.

Yeah i know its just a really awful decision and one that' ll haunt him i mean such a great and patriotic player should never be embarrassed like this.

• Advertisement

Is it me or are England offside pretty much all of the time? How many times have they been caught for it now?

Stev_o wrote: »
    Yeah i know its just a really awful decision and one that' ll haunt him i mean such a great and patriotic player should never be embarrassed like this.

It is crazy. If he isn't replaced at half time then I think Mallet has lost the plot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭juvenal

Trying to follow it on the big screen here in the stadium. Looks like Italy are conceding the scores rather than England creating.

Thoughts on Goode's try? Difficult to see here, although looked like it was a close call.

What did they say upstairs?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭ironingbored

19-3. Italy would be well in this game even with a mediocre scrum half. Having said that could get him in as a replacement for Whittaker.

Jaysus....to much bloody tripping going on these days. Haskell you idiot.

Now Italy, slot this over....go in 16 points behind, replace Bergamasco, come out in the 2nd half and try and get some honour back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

haha, I wonder if you'd ever get Ryle nugent or tony Ward calling an Irish player a half-wit. I doubt it.

juvenal wrote: »
    Looks like Italy are conceding the scores rather than England creating.

Spot on. England look like scoring most when Italy have the ball.
    Thoughts on Goode's try? Difficult to see here, although looked like it was a close call.

What did they say upstairs?

Was pretty straight forward call. Only took a two looks by TMO to award it. That try aside he has been poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭juvenal

Was there contact there by Haskell? There certainly looked like intent.

Come on Italy, make a game of it!

haha, I wonder if you'd ever get Ryle nugent or tony Ward calling an Irish player a half-wit. I doubt it.

lol.....as much as I don't really like Moore. He does come out with some beauts!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭toomevara

God, poor, poor Bergamasco...please, please Mallet...give him the shepherds crook....A player of his quality doesn't deserve this...jesus, get Troncon to put a shirt on, he couldn't be any worse!!!

Advertisement