Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

England v Italy (pre/during/post thread)

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

**** YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

YES! Great try!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Kaine Robertson is some blouse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Edge of your pants for the spread boys!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭ironingbored

Anybody else think Italy may have won this if the replacement scrumhalf had been on since the start?

E vai Mirko!!!!!! Great try. Best running rugby we've seen today.

• Advertisement

Anybody else think Italy may have won this if the replacement scrumhalf had been on since the start?

Yup pretty much bit of a worry for us in Rome because that pack is just pure awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭toomevara

No doubt, had Italy started the game with a recognised scrummie, they would have won this game. England are a pointless rabble...shocking performance, bloody awful game..roll on 5 o'clock

So close again :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭ironingbored

Some of the Italian hits have been superb.

I'm more worried about Italy now than England.

C'mon Ireland!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭toomevara

Stev_o wrote: »
    So close again :(

Mallet must be sickened...you've got to say thats down to his selection....

• Advertisement

toomevara wrote: »
    Mallet must be sickened...you've got to say thats down to his selection....

Yup you should have had a bit of confidence in his players because once they are give a chance these days they always preform.

Thought Moore would of given a Italian the MOTOM

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

If you remove the first 3 Bergamasco inflicted tries the score is roughly 15-11, which is a much fairer indication of the game IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭matt cork

toomevara wrote: »
    No doubt, had Italy started the game with a recognised scrummie, they would have won this game. England are a pointless rabble...shocking performance, bloody awful game..roll on 5 o'clock

a shabbles that england are italy certainly are no better. even with a recognised s/h italy have only once got over the try line

their forwards are superb but their back are are as devoid as ideas as englands.

wales championship to loose tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

That has to be one of the worst games of rugby I've seen in a long time.

Paulw wrote: »
    That has to be one of the worst games of rugby I've seen in a long time.

Why Italy were brilliant to overcome a awful SH (though not his fault really Bergamasco is a brilliant player) and dominate a match says something. The try count really doesn't show much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

It was a truly awful performance by England, possibly one of the worst I have seen in 40+ years of watching International rugby. Martin Johnson put a brave face on things afterwards but lets face it without a play maker and ace kicker like Jonny Wilkinson England are a lost cause. Andy Goode had a terrible day, missed penalties, aimless kicking away of possession and atrocious touch kicking.......Based on today's performance Ireland should brush them aside at Croke Park on the 28th but who can tell as England are often at their most dangerous when written off - remember the last World Cup! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

A shocking game. England are just a poor team. No excuses about morale or tactics or leadership they just don't have the players. Haskell and Sheridan would probably make the Irish squad. Thats it! Seriously. Thats not bias either. How many would the rest of you like at your disposal? Ireland willl brush them aside at home.

The Italians continue to give up easy scores. Even with a proper scrum half they'll always give you too many scoring chances while their backs play rugby in front of you offering precious little threat.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

There is, as far as I am concerned, no one on that English team that deserves to be a Lion.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭matt cork

Orizio wrote: »
    There is, as far as I am concerned, no one on that English team that deserves to be a Lion.

i'd nearly agree with you there, sackey, sheri and halfwit aside none would come close

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭gadaven

Orizio wrote: »

Same opinion for me ...

• Advertisement
Advertisement