Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photos of where you run

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,623 ✭✭✭dna_leri

DSC_0256.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭RAL3

Putting feet up after a run in 39 deg heat & 60% humidity before going to work, 6 miles felt like a marathon!

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭antomagoo

View from the bridge over the lake on yesterday mornings run. When weather is good (although freezing) its a great country

IMG_0820.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

8602925911_3fd4676c36_c.jpg

8578753210_d01b6b763c_c.jpg[/url]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭antomagoo

Cool photos Slogger Jogger, where did you take them?

antomagoo wrote: »
    Cool photos Slogger Jogger, where did you take them?

1st pic is on Croaghan Kinsella which is in my back yard in south Wicklow, looking towards Lugnacoille.
    2nd pic is from Brandon in Dingle 2 weeks back.
    Both from the trusty iphone which does good photos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,354 ✭✭✭plodder

1st pic is on Croaghan Kinsella which is in my back yard in south Wicklow, looking towards Lugnacoille.
    2nd pic is from Brandon in Dingle 2 weeks back.
    Both from the trusty iphone which does good photos.
    That Brandon photo is stunning. It's amazing what you can take with phone cameras when you have a decent amount of light.

Its a great mountain if you get the weather. This is on the descent on the Pilgrims path.
    8578800384_34dd338c7c_c.jpg[/url]

My long run today took me along a new trail and found this. The MTBers have been busy. At the end is a fallen tree:
    DSC_0271.jpg

While I had the phone with me, I snapped this hidden circle. Note the standing stones.
    DSC_0274.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭RoyMcC

dna_leri wrote: »

While I had the phone with me, I snapped this hidden circle. Note the standing stones.

Woo! Is that a significant stone circle or just some random rocks?

RoyMcC wrote: »
    Woo! Is that a significant stone circle or just some random rocks?

Don't know. There are plenty of stone circles and megalithic tombs around this area. This one is not marked and I just happened upon it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,531 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

dna_leri wrote: »
    Don't know. There are plenty of stone circles and megalithic tombs around this area. This one is not marked and I just happened upon it.
    Have a browse on Megalithomania. He seems to have most of 'em covered.

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭wrstan

I always thought Anglesey was a place you drove through as quickly as possible on your way to somewhere else.
    Well I ended up spending last weekend there and was really impressed by the coastline. I basically got off the boat in my gear, turned right and ran around the headland on a mixture of country roads and coastal walks. I came accross these within 15km:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xyijcb0u2lwf3v0/Anglesey1.JPG
    Anglesey1.JPG

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2d2gjlaettdau6r/Anglesey2.JPG
    Anglesey2.JPG

https://www.dropbox.com/s/83sq1vz599tanm8/Anglesey3.JPG
    Anglesey3.JPG

This one was from the other side of the island, looking back towards Snowdonia:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rhij7t7rwch24kk/Anglesey4.JPG
    Anglesey4.JPG

I don't normally run with my phone, but I guess I was a little worried about ending up in a scene from Deliverance!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭drquirky

Here are a few from a recent trip to Havana, Cuba. These two are on the Malecon- which sits on the straits of Florida and is the main artery of the city

Cool spot to run though the waves would crash up every now and then and absolutely drench you! The air pollution from the 1950's cars and Ladas was the worst I've encountered anywhere- would finish my runs hacking my lungs up.

Cuba's most famous cigar factory- on the way back to the hotel on my runs...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭drquirky

Ok clearly did something wrong there- anybody know why my photos aren't showing up?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

wrstan wrote: »
    I always thought Anglesey was a place you drove through as quickly as possible on your way to somewhere else.
    You had much better weather for running round there than I did back in January.

This weekend I went off to Devon and ran along a small bit of the 630 mile long coastal path. I just did 12'ish miles of it between Combe Martin and Woolacombe.

There are sections of what I did on road and you get some great views...
    8612678381_ea4b19f4b3.jpg

...then there are sections that are through the sea...
    8612678251_99d652276f.jpg
    (I think I was only meant to do this bit at low tide and take a detour at other times)

...but it was mostly lots of going up and down this...
    8612677949_290e10a716.jpg

...with the occasional bit of slightly flatter terrain on top...
    8612680327_f2fbec8be2.jpg

...I went through Hell and back..
    8613787380_83c8eca490.jpg
    <I'll get my coat>

...but just when I'd had enough of the hills and decided to try and find a shortcut to the end through the next village, I came across this:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭PaulieC

Just at the meeting point of WW and DMW, Glendoo and Kippure in the background.

8616269904_201758ed34_b.jpg

boggy as hell up there with too many fences to evade so probably won't be trying to run from this side of the hill again in a hurry :rolleyes:

8663982602_c307cf8f7e_c.jpg

8663982226_987e230014_c.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

There's only 2-3 public running tracks in Seattle. And amazingly they just built one within a mile of my flat. I've really enjoyed the flat measured distance, you can really zone out and fly along. Dont have to think about terrain or corners etc etc.

That said its been raining for about a week and cold before that but the forecast is really good for the next week, so i'll be out tomorrow.

https://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ll=47.669689,-122.34169&spn=0.001821,0.003042&t=h&z=19

• Advertisement

The park in Bursa, Turkey where I did a few laps this week and the hill behind which I only got half way up as the sun went down.

DSC_0280.jpg

DSC_0279.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 524 ✭✭✭b.harte

A glorious spring day, wasn't feeling the running love until I stumbled (literally) upon this section of the Beara-Breifne Way near Newmarket Co. Cork.
    It got so much better, nice single track through a native forest, with glimpses of the river far below.
    dsc0079if.jpg
    dsc0076rt.jpg

I was enjoying it so much I didn't want to stop to take any more pictures, got back to the car grinning from ear to ear, I'm going to spend the weekend running out there.

b.harte wrote: »
    A glorious spring day, wasn't feeling the running love until I stumbled (literally) upon this section of the Beara-Breifne Way near Newmarket Co. Cork.
    It got so much better, nice single track through a native forest, with glimpses of the river far below.

I was enjoying it so much I didn't want to stop to take any more pictures, got back to the car grinning from ear to ear, I'm going to spend the weekend running out there.

Looks beautiful. Hope you get the weather for it

PaulieC wrote: »
    Looks beautiful. Hope you get the weather for it
    Sunny with heavy showers here at the minute. Have to collect children at 12 so will he heading out after lunch.

Sunny with heavy showers here at the minute. Have to collect children at 12 so will he heading out after lunch.

f*cker :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 185 ✭✭mdlb

dsc0079if.jpg
    dsc0076rt.jpg

Can you tell me whereabout the beginning of this section is in Newmarket... from close to here and would like to pop over for a trip round it at some stage... Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭seanmacc

8683535430_8b5f77bbd7_z.jpg Portmarnock Beach this morning
    8683537160_54a09660d3_z.jpg
    8682425145_dfdaa9442e_z.jpg
    8683540698_df4427c742_z.jpg Malahide/Portmarnock Seafront.
    8682429661_abb4c5a0fd.jpg

I rotate this run into my routine every now and again. I accidentally left my phone in my pocket when I set off this morning so I thought I'd snap a few shots on the way round.

I don't know what it is but I find it very energizing to run beside the sea. All the times I've done this route I've never had the tail wind to blow me up the beach.
    8683534404_b772b644d1.jpg Malahide Marina when the weather turned and I got pelted with hail stones for 5 minutes. Its April FFS

PaulieC wrote: »
    f*cker :D
    Ah, best laid plans...
    Was under strict orders to stay "more local" so I resigned myself to doing laps on Mt. Hillary.(sort of in my back yard)
    Here's the view from near the top, looking west into Kerry
    dsc0087hez.jpg

My phone (which I have to carry now with her due anytime soon) was ringing and messaging me, I ended up having to cut my run short and go home early to help out my brother in law. She sensed I was "tense" so gave me the permission to go back to Newmarket for run 2 of the day.
    Here's what I saw there...:D:D:D:D
    dscn0001py.jpg
    dscn0003x.jpg
    So managed to do 2x17/18km runs today instead of the planned 35km, how was your day?:D:D:D:D

mdlb wrote: »
    Can you tell me whereabout the beginning of this section is in Newmarket... from close to here and would like to pop over for a trip round it at some stage... Thanks
    The easiest start point is at the island wood recreation area, take the road up the hill out of town (think it's signposted) and when you get to the junction pictured go to the end of the road, there's a parking spot there, go through the gap in the fence and enjoy. (it's in 2 sections, you cross a field to connect them).tostart.jpg
    Or continue on that road to the main carpark at the island wood recreation area. follow the walking man sign from there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 185 ✭✭mdlb

The easiest start point is at the island wood recreation area, take the road up the hill out of town (think it's signposted) and when you get to the junction pictured go to the end of the road, there's a parking spot there, go through the gap in the fence and enjoy. (it's in 2 sections, you cross a field to connect them).
    Or continue on that road to the main carpark at the island wood recreation area. follow the walking man sign from there.

Cheers for the directions...
    must tip up there next time im home!! looks good!!

• Advertisement

On Annagh hill in Wicklow looking north. Sadly the hill is denuded of forestry in recent years but the view is still worth the climb.
    8689252609_8e4da5b40e_c.jpg

Advertisement