Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photos of where you run

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭PaulieC

was obviously a different race that SJ organized that I am thinking of. It wasn't IMRA as far as I remember, maybe a fundraiser for a GAA club ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

PaulieC wrote: »
    was obviously a different race that SJ organized that I am thinking of. It wasn't IMRA as far as I remember, maybe a fundraiser for a GAA club ?
    All the Annagh recollections are accurate and they've all been IMRA races. The only non IMRA race I organised nearby was Annacurra in recent years.

And Enduro you missed a classic on Saturday. You'd have loved it as it plays to all your strengths .;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭Kurt_Godel

Since Gandalf has opened the door on indignity, I'm sure he won't mind a repost of the emergency ambulance brigade from 2011! (good memories of this race by the way!). Martin (orange) in the background seems particularly happy to have made up a place! :D

[IMG]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/_oEcvTzEYVmA/TU74m2I55WI/AAAAAAAAAVQ/lcLavMjK17U/s640/P2060231.JPG" height="480" width="640"[/IMG]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭PaulieC

All the Annagh recollections are accurate and they've all been IMRA races. The only non IMRA race I organised nearby was Annacurra in recent years.

And Enduro you missed a classic on Saturday. You'd have loved it as it plays to all your strengths .;)

Annacurra it was

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭opus

Spotted this Cork marathon sign today, either it's an incredibly pristine one from last year & they're really planning ahead for next June!

2hgbvc1.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭DubOnHoliday

Nice trail run in yesterdays late afternoon Sun around Vartry reservoir...

380940.JPG
    380941.JPG
    380942.JPG
    380939.JPG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 819 ✭✭✭sixpack's little hat

opus wrote: »
    Spotted this Cork marathon sign today, either it's an incredibly pristine one from last year & they're really planning ahead for next June!

Pretty sure that is an old sign, I see it down there all the time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 701 ✭✭✭PaulieYifter

A couple from last week's break in Fuerteventura. Always enjoy running on the volcano trails in the Canaries.

381442.jpg

381443.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,823 ✭✭✭AngelaRI

View from near the top of Chapman's Peak Drive (Two Oceans Ultra Marathon), Cape Town, South Africa, looking towards Hout Bay in the distance (and a BIG painful downhill ahead)
    X9IKNhI-TnGvlhppCb8HtpOoQkjt_cRsxMKHoHHNro59FxE8K6IVObkHI5DGeOqN8YLYm8Bc-eeQiTvm_JsUKo837hVGBaAJzKPJsoqqBZQexcbZXRQ7MjCjVoFeEznXD5gZf0cm-hOh45D7scc6ZnR5hwipuwP47RRTxXDMvP8s33woRvzaXCayVd3OpxLHiQTMrMqiQg-ZTyGCbup8VDSxtXmqHBMntHKnWNfmlD2VLfwpE-IYyuRxGOMYqe4hf3SpPBZoR5l1AzbEroWyRhiSdl3uvGUHoIvEOYh2pl6V_Lcmmf_SkpfC4obJpzwD_-rmbueGkvm-1aefrWgGQex0XaKqbhSEy9TDIFfVvsLNELb6C1EWJKg33OlhQF_-fUAUTENOATAsS-uxm5iX9zKFm81UqZ_avkHJuZdgp2SyRhfhfJm3tzTxLbNa7-hFvJY6fmWwWH0aHeW_fXVh7-Y-j5VM-zCcTfyOGhuxDrhk6EIzF5yfLVFxjvj3RJYorHETMLK8tLZtSSwHue-pfotYoF_fdreWDKhZda6hMsIUF5CrsQscoUKE_oypyuMNWuAbTQ=w1560-h878-no

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 447 ✭✭iAcesHigh

AngelaRI wrote: »
    View from near the top of Chapman's Peak Drive (Two Oceans Ultra Marathon), Cape Town, South Africa, looking towards Hout Bay in the distance (and a BIG painful downhill ahead)

Woooooow, that's a nice view... when I saw picture I hoped it's somewhere in IE :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,823 ✭✭✭AngelaRI

iAcesHigh wrote: »
    Woooooow, that's a nice view... when I saw picture I hoped it's somewhere in IE :)

Haha, sorry to disappoint, it's a little far away :)

On a spectacularly sunny evening last week in the Ballincollig Regional Park.

20160331_184943.jpg

On a spectacularly sunny evening last week in the Ballincollig Regional Park.

20160331_184943.jpg

My stomping grounds - trails are lovely there first thing in the morning before work!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

That trail has to be, HAS TO BE full of Dog Sh1t. The nice ones are always ruined.

That trail has to be, HAS TO BE full of Dog Sh1t. The nice ones are always ruined.

Actually it's not! Unlike a pre-work run I went on yesterday where the pavement was littered with fresh steaming dog turds :( (Along Sundays Well Rd for anyone in Cork).

A more industrial pic from today.

2zohnpv.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭Battery Kinzie

er18qmm.jpg?1

I feel like if I stuck some waffley inspirational quote on this, it'd be all over my Facebook wall for the coming weeks.

Was in Germany for a week & took in the Leipzig marathon while I was there as a friend was doing the skating version the same day. Few impressive snow showers during it!

2q862kh.jpg

Pics below from a bit of a job along the river, the covered bridge was a nice touch :)

15mzfps.jpg
    2wfs800.jpg
    anin3p.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 752 ✭✭✭TheBigGreen

Unnamed Rd Climb - 1.4km - 59m - 4.1%

CR - 7:31

7C61291D-E188-4949-860A-1AF099C1D986_zpsznv2oqea.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭kit3

One of my favourite places to run - Keel beach in Achill this evening

Was in Germany for a bit of a break, really like the amount of sign-posted trails that seem to be everywhere.

What I have to go up there?!

ofnjar.jpg

Half way.

95su1x.jpg

Made it!

jqi354.jpg

Along the ridge.

xer2hu.jpg

Back down.

2ds4m0k.jpg

Route back along the valley.

207kd93.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭DubOnHoliday

Costa del Greystones.
    387819.jpeg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 435 ✭✭Coffee Fulled Runner

kit3 wrote: »
    One of my favourite places to run - Keel beach in Achill this evening

Mine too. Beautiful.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 dokter

pavement was littered with fresh steaming dog turds :( (Along Sundays Well Rd for anyone in Cork).

Its like some sort of assault course up there. Good training for navigating a minefield.

Took a small gate leading off a road route I often run last night just to see where it went, got me over mile of path along by the Lee before dumping me back on the road.

348lumt.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

Took a small gate leading off a road route I often run last night just to see where it went, got me over mile of path along by the Lee before dumping me back on the road.

348lumt.jpg

I love when that happens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 819 ✭✭✭sixpack's little hat

Where is that if you don't mind saying?

Where is that if you don't mind saying?

Here you go, the path on the left just off the Lee Road. Not sure why my phone decided to give everything a purple tinge :confused:

Blockic's regular haunt in Chicago, a reclaimed railway line - the 606.

245zkec.jpg

The blue parts on each side are nice soft rubber.

Some pics of a recent run along the Wicklow Way. All taken on the first section, between Kilmashogue and Knockree. More pics on the way.

• Advertisement

More pics

Advertisement