Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photos of where you run

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭Kellygirl

opus wrote: »
    Just before the skew bridge on the Lower road - https://goo.gl/maps/pxJzGXXKq8x

Thanks. Never knew it existed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Slideways

14E3F105-1CF7-497E-BDE0-AE56E49BED69.jpg

Found a doozy of a hill. Peaks at 33% in one spot but averages 27%

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭hot buttered scones

Kellygirl wrote: »
    I’m looking at the picture trying to figure out where it is? How do you access it?

I think thats the little park on the other side of the flyover by Silversprings

I think thats the little park on the other side of the flyover by Silversprings

That’s it. Never knew about it before. I was driving past on the way to work the day after it was posted here but seemed to be closed - it was 8am and that was the entrance near the skewbridge. Had considered running to there as part of my run that morning so glad I didn’t as my time was limited as it was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4 Sandra Elie

I still don't know how to post a pic other than a pic with link so I will say that I also run near the sea :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭opus

That’s it. Never knew about it before. I was driving past on the way to work the day after it was posted here but seemed to be closed - it was 8am and that was the entrance near the skewbridge. Had considered running to there as part of my run that morning so glad I didn’t as my time was limited as it was.

So here's another Cork city park for your enjoyment :)

456480.jpg

Hopefully will soon be home to a parkrun ;)

So here's another Cork city park for your enjoyment :)

456480.jpg

Hopefully will soon be home to a parkrun ;)

That looks interesting. Is that the one in the Glen? What’s the route like?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭Enduro

Bray head fires added a nice haze effect a week or two back...

456536.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭WayneEnterprise

456592.jpg

456594.jpg

That looks interesting. Is that the one in the Glen? What’s the route like?

Yup, it's a compact enough place so looks like the route will be one small loop followed by two larger ones (with an out/back part).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭hot buttered scones

Yup, it's a compact enough place so looks like the route will be one small loop followed by two larger ones (with an out/back part).

Which reminds me I never emailed you about that. Sorry. :o
    So around the ponds for one loop, and then two loops including the out and back bit to the bottom of the short hill? Where's the start/finish? On the path just down from the pitch?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭MY BAD

24ql5it.jpg

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,506 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Slievenamon, Co Tipp yesterday

I used to regularly run the 12-16mile circuit around the mountain but not done it in ages, yesterday was my return to trail running......I forgot how hard it is compared to road! :pac:

458177.jpg

Which reminds me I never emailed you about that. Sorry. :o
    So around the ponds for one loop, and then two loops including the out and back bit to the bottom of the short hill? Where's the start/finish? On the path just down from the pitch?

The event team are working on it at the moment, one of them measured out the route with a wheel over the Aug weekend. It's a tight squeeze to get the 5k in there.

Just waiting for parking permission for a few places & then should be in a position to figure out a start date. I'll PM you the contact for the ED if you want to get in touch with them.

Few pics from the Waterford greenway, it's a route I've been meaning to get to for ages & last Sunday was the day.

458966.jpg
    458967.jpg
    458968.jpg

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,506 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Few pics from the Waterford greenway, it's a route I've been meaning to get to for ages & last Sunday was the day.

I was recently camping in Casey's down at Clonea and it was lovely to get up early and do the 10mile route (total) out and back from the Caravan park to the Durrow Tunnel. Don't see too many people at 7am on the greenway :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I took an early morning run along Portmarnock, Baldoyle & Sutton this morning, it was glorious.

466346.jpg

Sun rise from Portmarnock beach at 08:00 this morning.

I had a lovely 5k run with my dog (best buddy) Richo on Portmarnock beach (The Velvet Strand) and caught the sun rise between Howth Head and Ireland's Eye

471747.jpg

It was -1c and cloudy at first but when the sun broke properly it was beautiful (but still freezing)

7km on Portmarnock beach this afternoon and came across this little fella, he was still moving and the tide was coming in so hopefully he's swimming happily this evening

475771.jpg

It was a beautiful 13c but a strong cross wind kept the pace slow but it was very enjoyable.

Got in a run around the Imperial palace in Tokyo last weekend, loads of people circling the place. Too bad I missed on parkrun as I hear it's kicking off in Japan in April.

475833.jpg
    475834.jpg
    475835.jpg

• Advertisement

One of the quieter routes in Cork city. I did meet one person walking their dog later on but that was it 'til I got back on a road.

477263.jpg

There was a lot of Starfish on Portmarnock beach this morning.

477267.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,418 ✭✭✭Lazare

Stuck the camera down in the grass the other morning in Corkagh Park to film my hill sprints for analysing. Got a couple of nice stills...

Video-Capture-20190402-081902.jpg

Video-Capture-20190402-082702.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Prospector1989

Lovely morning run from Portrane to Donabate and back from a couple of weeks ago.

IMG-20190324-075247313.jpg

IMG-20190324-075030929-HDR.jpg

IMG-20190324-080342840.jpg

IMG-20190324-075149374.jpg

IMG-20190324-075239255.jpg

IMG-20190324-075242206.jpg

IMG-20190324-075145358-HDR.jpg

There was this strange bright thing shining on me today :)

478160.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,354 ✭✭✭plodder

Lovely morning run from Portrane to Donabate and back from a couple of weeks ago.
    What's the story with that path? It was closed for a good while and I know you could get around the barriers, but is it open again officially?

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Prospector1989

plodder wrote: »
    What's the story with that path? It was closed for a good while and I know you could get around the barriers, but is it open again officially?

Yeah it's completely open now. No barriers. Hadn't been up in a while so not sure how long that's the case.

Snuck in through the hole in the fence earlier for a look at Tramore Valley park in Cork, not the only one doing that either :)

Start of the 5k loop, finish is the sign just down the road a bit.

480077.jpg

It's officially opening later on this month btw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭brownian

14bosc8.jpg

Just a quick jog on this - first person ever to run here, by the looks of it...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 248 ✭✭Kerry Gooner

A couple of enthralled spectators at yesterday’s Lakes of Killarney marathon.

Advertisement