Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Castletroy Park to Re-open as a Carlton Hotel

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Great great news.... nice one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭carlowguy32

Mr E wrote: »
    yea fair play to he ppl behind this, wasnt looking good for the rest of the businnesses that have just moved into the complex there, also heard they are recruiting for the hotel, im sure the old staff shoud have first preference

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Declan30

Yes bit of good news for limerick at last :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭electron

10 days to re-opening. i wonder, will they honor old bookings, etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Mr E wrote: »

+1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Tom10

I get how this is a good thing but you have to feel sorry for the 10 people that are definitely out of a job even if they were to hire the same 120 people out of the 130 people that worked there a little under 2 weeks ago

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

electron wrote: »
    10 days to re-opening. i wonder, will they honor old bookings, etc?

The MD was on Drivetime yesterday and said he would be honouring all bookings.

Staff will be hired on merit and not on the basis of previously being employed in the property.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

ninty9er wrote: »

Staff will be hired on merit and not on the basis of previously being employed in the property.

Good business sense really. Every business has some dead weight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭MonsieurD

Best of luck to them.
    I might call in for a coffee or a pint from time to time to help them along!

Advertisement