Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Stupid Question were you asked?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

theres a lot of fail going on in this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

On the River Island comments. Its as bad as Dunnes Stores refusing to let people use the changing rooms in the Childers road when they were having their sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭Ardscoil Ris

zuroph wrote: »
    theres a lot of fail going on in this thread.

There is a lot of fail on your face.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

(i work in a butchers)

this was around xmas time and i got a call about a woman asking a question about her turkey

Woman; Hi i just get a 17lb turkey and i was wondering how long it'll take

Me; sure what type of oven is it (thinking she'd say a fan or gas ovena few minutes later she returns)

Woman;Eh it's a hotpoint ,, classic

There is a lot of fail on your face.
    thats from eating out ur mom...

wait, ****. :(

• Advertisement

thats from eating out ur mom...

wait, ****. :(

Terrible, come on you can do better. You know it yourself.

don't put her down like that man, she's alright.

don't put her down like that man, she's alright.

Better, not good enough though. The random statements only work in conversational slagging. Try this one:

I said: There is a lot of fail on your face

You should have said: There is a lot fail on your knob according to your girlfriend.

that would be assuming you had a girlfriend good sir. Also, that a lot of fail could fit on your knob. Which, rumour has it, is untrue.

that would be assuming you had a girlfriend good sir. Also, that a lot of fail could fit on your knob. Which, rumour has it, is untrue.

Again it's a swing and a miss, but we are getting close. The above doesn't work because fail is not a physical thing. When I implied fail on my knob it's shortness was implied etc.

• Advertisement

ah i see. many thanks for the lesson. good evening. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭puglover

someone always lowers the tone... boys boys boys

ah i see. many thanks for the lesson. good evening. :)

No problem sir. I wish you well in life.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

Berty wrote: »
    On the River Island comments. Its as bad as Dunnes Stores refusing to let people use the changing rooms in the Childers road when they were having their sale.

Oh don't worry. River Island do that as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Azphyxi8

Q: Do you sell a Christmas album with songs by metal bands? My son loves metal and I thought a Christmas album would be perfect.

Did you not have A Twisted Christmas by Twisted Sister?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

Would ye believe me if I said I witnissed a women going berserk because a shop assitant wouldn't sell painkillers to a 7 year old child?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

RonMexico wrote: »
    Would ye believe me if I said I witnissed a women going berserk because a shop assitant wouldn't sell painkillers to a 7 year old child?

The shop assistant refused to help a 7 y-o in pain? Bad form.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

puglover wrote: »
    She was dead right... ridiculous policy & I would have to check but probably contradicts the exchange policy printed on your receipts. BAD customer service!!

Feck off with your bad customer service.

Its river island policy that we do not do exchanges when its the opening day of our sale. There are signs up all over the store stating this fact.

Azphyxi8 wrote: »
    Did you not have A Twisted Christmas by Twisted Sister?

Released 2006. This event happened 2003.

Feck off with your bad customer service.

Its river island policy that we do not do exchanges when its the opening day of our sale. There are signs up all over the store stating this fact.
    doesnt make it right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

A lady shopper once got really angry because supposedly I sold the shoes that she wanted! She tried them on, gave them back, another lady wanted that size and so i gave them to her (only pair left) and the angry one came back and said she wanted to try them on again. I informed her they were sold, and she kicked up the biggest fuss i had ever seen...

She got banned from the store for a month :D:D Hahaha

not a stupid question, but a stupid comment

''you shut your mouth when your talking to me!!''

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I got asked if we sold the Clare Champion newspaper, while working in HMV.., also people used to think our book department was downstairs, in Easons... oh and I got asked at least once a week "how do i get downstairs?" on the first floor in HMV, by going down the same stairs you used to get up here in the first place?dumbasses

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Bouncers used to ask me "Are you sure you havent had enough"

Im hardly going to say "umm actually maybe you are correct, I shall leave right now and go home immediately".

Thats a stupid question.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 568 ✭✭✭TheLoc

When i worked in a department store in Limerick, the same was said for Sale items

Thats not stupid, xtra vision used to do this for some earlier consoles
    Well yea of course you can't exchange sale items. thats the same everywhere. but not exchanging items because there is a sale on in the shop is a bit wierd/lazy

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

yep its a bit weird. Not sure about the policy in the shop i work in, because its been ages and cant remember!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

doesnt make it right.

Hey, don't shoot the messenger, if i took an exchange then its my ass on the line.

Not a stupid question I was asked, but one I asked a sales person (on purpose) over the phone for a prank. The store was woodies on the ennis road as I know a good few people working there. Call went like this:

Me: Yeah hi. Wondering if you sell glass hammers?

Woodies: No

Me: No seriously, I need a glass hammer.

Woodies: Look stop taking the piss. There is no such thing.

Me: You going check if you have any in stock or not?

Woodies: There is no such thing.

Me: I want to speak to a manager.

Woodies: Please hold.

Manager: How can I help you?

Me: Hi, I'm trying to check if you have any fiberglass hammers and your sales person is taking the piss....

I knew the girl and I could hear the manager explaining to her about fiber glass hammers and I could imagine how stupid she felt. The manager made her apologies to me on the phone etc. I knew her and how I laughed the next day. She was not laughing with me :(

I rang them up the other week asking for a price check on elbow grease and your one actually went away to get a price check. I'm not naming names because other people on this board may know them :D

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭mark1974

When you walk into a pub soaking wet after being caught in a rain shower and someone asks: Is it raining? :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 Auzirish

When i first came to ireland from australia, i was asked "do they have fireplaces in Australia".

Seemed stupid at the time...

Advertisement