Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A bit of advice please.

Options
  • 06-02-2009 7:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭

Howya guys, I know most of you are doing your mocks now or have finished and I'm just wondering, were you as prepared for the exams as you would have liked? Could you attempt all the questions etc.?

I'm doing mine in March and I'm not really sure how much work to put in to be able to get good grades. I'm doing a bit atm (mostly just homework) but taking it easy for the most part but need high marks.

I know they're only the mocks but after seeing your mock paper on the table, did you regret not putting in enough study?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

to be honest i really didn't study for the mocks, i'm mainly focussing on the goal of the actual LC and don't want to peak for the mocks then do badly in the real thing

the mocks are really only there to get you used to timing, see how you're doing etc, if you're failing terribly then it might be an idication to move down, but i don't really see them as a big deal. we were told we should go up a grade or two in every subject especially in things like geography which won't have included the fieldwork. also my irish teacher has decided to make our oral only 10% aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

K4t wrote: »
    I know they're only the mocks but after seeing your mock paper on the table, did you regret not putting in enough study?
    Yes.

If I had done 2 hours extra in each subject then maybe not as much. 2 hours the day before that is, it's suprising how badly you might need to go over something you thought you knew. It's the small, forgettable parts that will kick your ass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 andy2854

just be ready for the lc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭jetsonx

K4t wrote: »
    I'm doing a bit atm (mostly just homework) but taking it easy for the most part but need high marks.

Unless your teachers are giving your class pass LC exam questions - homework is not study.If you decide to include homework in your study regime, make it "closed book homework".

Homework type questions from text books are often just rehash exercises, and differ from the type of questions you will be getting in the "real thing".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

jetsonx wrote: »
    Unless your teachers are giving your class pass LC exam questions - homework is not study.If you decide to include homework in your study regime, make it "closed book homework".

Homework type questions from text books are often just rehash exercises, and differ from the type of questions you will be getting in the "real thing".
    Yeah, I need to start testing myself without the book. We don't do class tests and I think it could show in the mocks. Cheers.

Thanks guys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭Dante

Surprisingly enough I could answer almost everything on every test I've sat so far. I'm actually amazed how much better the mocks are going then I expected considering I only crammed the night before!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Starting the mock after the mid-term, studying and everything. However I don't feel prepared...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I'm really regretting having not studied over Christmas. 3 weeks of study before the mocks is definitely not enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

I did absolutely no study for anything yet and I obviously did fairly ****. I was able to attempt everything though

Advertisement