Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Why is the story of God ancient history.

• 06-02-2009 8:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭

Why is the story of God ancient history ? why does the story end 2000 years ago ? you have the bible which is a rich tapestry of stories about probably hundreds of individuals and their interactions with God - covering all of time from the story of creation until the death and resurrection of Jesus - and then it ends and nothing for the next 2000 years.
    Why did it stop ? what has changed that there are no more biblical figures - why isn't the bible still being written, why is nothing happening anymore ?

What is so special about the stories in the bible and why are there no more stories - what is different about our times - why is nothing being recorded - absolutely nothing -isn't that a bit shocking.

So tell me of the story of the kingdom of God - what great things have happened these past 2000 years ? ah nothing worth mentioning to be honest.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭BrianCalgary

MooseJam wrote: »
    Why is the story of God ancient history ? why does the story end 2000 years ago ? you have the bible which is a rich tapestry of stories about probably hundreds of individuals and their interactions with God - covering all of time from the story of creation until the death and resurrection of Jesus - and then it ends and nothing for the next 2000 years.
    Why did it stop ? what has changed that there are no more biblical figures - why isn't the bible still being written, why is nothing happening anymore ?

What is so special about the stories in the bible and why are there no more stories - what is different about our times - why is nothing being recorded - absolutely nothing -isn't that a bit shocking.

So tell me of the story of the kingdom of God - what great things have happened these past 2000 years ? ah nothing worth mentioning to be honest.

I was all set to post an answer until I saw your last statement.
    You have answred your own question. And there is nothing one can say that would change your outlook.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,980 ✭✭✭wolfsbane

MooseJam wrote: »

The NT is God's final word to Man. Why? Because it is the revelation of His Son - nothing can better that:
    Hebrews 1:1 God, who at various times and in various ways spoke in time past to the fathers by the prophets, 2 has in these last days spoken to us by His Son, whom He has appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the worlds;

As to what has happened since:
    Matthew 28:18 And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. 19 Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Amen.

The Church has taken the gospel into all the world, made disciples in every nation, baptized them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, taught them to observe all things Christ commanded us.

When every one of the elect has been gathered in, Christ will return for us, to set up the new heavens and new earth where righteousness dwells:
    Revelation 21: 1 Now I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away. Also there was no more sea. 2 Then I, John, saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. 3 And I heard a loud voice from heaven saying, “Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people. God Himself will be with them and be their God. 4 And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away.”
    5 Then He who sat on the throne said, “Behold, I make all things new.” And He said to me, “Write, for these words are true and faithful.”
    6 And He said to me, “It is done! I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. I will give of the fountain of the water of life freely to him who thirsts. 7 He who overcomes shall inherit all things, and I will be his God and he shall be My son. 8 But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

It could have been a good thread. However, as the line was drawn in the sand from the outset, this thread really is no more than a statement form the OP.

MJ, please read the charter.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement