Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yahoo poker - not in Ireland?

Options
  • 06-02-2009 8:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭

I was looking at poker on yahoo. There's no Ireland option in the dropdownlist for country (or eire or republic of ireland etc). Can you not use it here? Why would that be? It uses flash and runs in the browser instead of requiring a download.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

It looks like it's not an omission - I tried registering with uk as country, and got a message saying I was trying to play from a prohibited network. Really curious as to why. Possibly a regulation in Ireland that disqualifies the site?

response from Y!
    Dear __,

Thank you for the email.

We can confirm that if your country is not listed in the drop down then it means that we do not offer poker games to be played is Ireland.

However, you can check our yahoo terms and conditions:

"Participation in online poker is illegal in some countries. It is your responsibility to ensure that the laws of the country in which you are resident or are located permit you to play Poker. You must not play Poker on this site where it is illegal or otherwise prohibited in your country. Any such illegal participation is void"

If we can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind Regards,

Margaret King
    Customer Support Team

not too informative or helpful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

Seems weird, tell them online poker is blatantly not banned here and point to the number of Irish online poker skins as your evidence?

oh yeah I replied something like that. They replied:

Thank you for the email regarding your poker account.

We would like to inform you that we have forwarded your query to the relevant department and they will respond accordingly.

If we can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind Regards,

Elisa di Cosimo

I'll post up if i hear again from them

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭RoundTower

there are no laws permitting or forbidding online poker sites to operate in Ireland. Yahoo probably didn't research this, so they took the safe option and didn't allow it at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭ocallagh

I remember trying to sign up about 2 years ago and it was the same deal

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭RoundTower

they were on the tigergaming/Nine network as of a few years ago. If you want to play there, I'm sure there are a lot of skins that accept Irish players and probably have better compensation than Yahoo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭ocallagh

I was actually in vegas at the time and someone (I think Oscar) mentioned they had just launched and we both reckoned it would be full of fish. Didn't even consider they were just a skin. Never got past the first page anyhow as Ireland was not on the dropdown

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

im pretty sure they run off boss

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Grafter

im pretty sure they run off boss

Poker Scout agrees with you.

• Advertisement
Advertisement