Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barbers..

Options
  • 06-02-2009 9:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys, posted in the hairdresser thread but thats for girls so can anyone recommend a city centre barber (or maybe one in ballincollig) where I might get a cut and highlights done tomorrow. got a few hours to kill while waiting around for the GF so i dont mind a small queue.

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

There's a place on washington Street beside Choices Letting Agency.
    It's got a red front, can't reemeber the name but they do highlights and hair tattoos AFAIK.
    Decent spot IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

mik_da_man wrote: »
    There's a place on washington Street beside Choices Letting Agency.
    It's got a red front, can't reemeber the name but they do highlights and hair tattoos AFAIK.
    Decent spot IMO

That's Bazzers isn't it?

Since you want some highlights I recommend Bazzers, They are more of a Salon barbers, If you want the true, man's Home away from Home Barbers, there is a Place on Parnell Place near the Adult Store, I don't know the name, but they are a Proper, men's only Barbers. It's 2 old guys running the place and I don't know if they do Highlights, but they give an excellent faceshave and haircut.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

cool, bazzers sounds like a good spot. much of a queue at the weekends?

Is there any salons/barbers out ballincollig or along the model farm road perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

That's Bazzers isn't it?

Correct

• Registered Users Posts: 46 EskimoErased

If you're just looking for a quick headshave and nothing fancy, there's a good place on North Main Street just above the restaraunt that's next to mmMad. Can't recall the name.:o

• Advertisement

You might get a Queue in Bazzers, depending what time you go in.

It is not exactly a Barbers in the old sense of the word, but they cater for men Predominantly, even though most of the "barbers" are female! They are good at what they do though. Haven't been there in a while, I go to Chaps in Blackrock myself, due to him being a family friend, good at what he does and a Proper Barbers!!!

He actually will not let females into the store if they are gonna be offended by the conversation!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Got a cut and highlights myself a few weeks ago at Bladez on Sheares Street. I was fairly happy with it, would go there again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

Highlights?!?! Take yourself to Peter Marks with the girlfriend and then after you can go get your nails done together.

Be a man, go to that place on Parnell Place or to Winthrop Street Barbers. None of that nonce highlighting malarkey.

P.S. I often dislike female barbers as generally the conversation is "Did you go anywhere on holidays recently?" during Summer/Autumn, and "Are you planning to go anywhere on holidays?" in Winter/Spring.

D-Generate wrote: »
    Highlights?!?! Take yourself to Peter Marks with the girlfriend and then after you can go get your nails done together.

Be a man, go to that place on Parnell Place or to Winthrop Street Barbers. None of that nonce highlighting malarkey.

P.S. I often dislike female barbers as generally the conversation is "Did you go anywhere on holidays recently?" during Summer/Autumn, and "Are you planning to go anywhere on holidays?" in Winter/Spring.

Much better in male Barbers, "Did ya see Amy Winehouse tits in the paper the other day?", always great Conversation!!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

If your gonna be out in ballincollig then try topman.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

went with bazzers, got in at about 10.45 and was only waiting 5 minutes before being served. good cut, chat, and cheaper by 20quid on my usual place in Limerick. thumbs up, thanks guys.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Glad to help :)

Advertisement