Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Distance Sales

• 06-02-2009 9:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 281 ✭✭

Hi there,

not too sure if this is the right place for this thread, if not would one of the mods please move it to the relevant section?

I was wondering what the story would be in relation to distance sales when products being sold are children clothes (there is no vat on children's clothes here or UK). What is the vat rate to be paid for children clothes?

Any help much appreciated, please,

Cheers,

Magic

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 412 ✭✭Chonker

magicEye wrote: »
    Hi there,

not too sure if this is the right place for this thread, if not would one of the mods please move it to the relevant section?

I was wondering what the story would be in relation to distance sales when products being sold are children clothes (there is no vat on children's clothes here or UK). What is the vat rate to be paid for children clothes?

Any help much appreciated, please,

Cheers,

Magic

I'm not sure I understand the question... I think you answered it already..No V.A.T

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 281 ✭✭magicEye

Is it that straight and simple? If the product being sold has no vat whatsoever, there is no vat to be paid to the revenue?

I kept reading and researching and couldn't come up with anything in relation to distance sales for children clothing....

I assumed there must be a small print somewhere or some terms and conditions that I couldn't find...and that there would be some form of a vat to be paid at the end....

Now my next question would be...can anyone registered as a business in Ireland be involved in distance sales?

Thank you very much,

Magic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,337 ✭✭✭✭Tony

You do not have to be registered as a business, a sole trader can do this. I would have a good look at the regulations though particularly in regard to the 7 day cooling off period and factor in a possible return rate in your plans.

Now my next question would be...can anyone registered as a business in Ireland be involved in distance sales?

Thank you very much,

Magic

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

Tony wrote: »
    You do not have to be registered as a business, a sole trader can do this. I would have a good look at the regulations though particularly in regard to the 7 day cooling off period and factor in a possible return rate in your plans.

Thank you very much for that...I wasn't aware of that...another thing added to the list for research...

Cheers,
    Magic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,337 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Thank you very much for that

My pleasure

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭elgransenor

Hi,
    If you have a look at this http://www.businessandlegal.ie/internet_law_49.html there is a good bit of info. on distance contracts and doing business online.
    The 7 day cooling off period is fairly important because unlike under the Sale of Goods and Supply of services legislation a consumer can return a perfect product within 7 days and is not obliged to provide a reason.

The article also tells you what information you need to provide to the consumer prior to the contract/sale.

Hi,
    If you have a look at this http://www.businessandlegal.ie/internet_law_49.html there is a good bit of info. on distance contracts and doing business online.
    The 7 day cooling off period is fairly important because unlike under the Sale of Goods and Supply of services legislation a consumer can return a perfect product within 7 days and is not obliged to provide a reason.

The article also tells you what information you need to provide to the consumer prior to the contract/sale.

Cheers for that...

Funny thing is I've never seen these things before when buying on line....must have been a very very tiny print under terms and conditions...
    Is it 7 working days or 7 days? I've seen different opinions on that as well.

Anyway, the only thing that puts me off at the moment is cost of shipping...Rates for parcels are very high in this country, whatever the courier company, including An Post.

Thank you very much for everything,
    Magic

Advertisement