Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tracey Flinter for President

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭mark renton

I havent seen any attempt to address my needs yet :(

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055465314&page=4

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

FYI, its possible to link directly to a single post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭artnotort

ive never seen her on my campus

FYI, its possible to link directly to a single post.

Thats what i done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Flinter08/09

Hello everyone,

There is no reason for you not to have a copy of this so please find attached a copy of my manifesto that was handed out during the course of the elections campaign.

Sadly I don't know how to make it a sticky :confused: so if anyone wants to tell me how I would be delighted to have it up here all year!

Thanks,
    Tracey

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Sadly I don't know how to make it a sticky :confused: so if anyone wants to tell me how I would be delighted to have it up here all year!

You can't, only a mod can ;)

Nick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Ass

Hello everyone,

There is no reason for you not to have a copy of this so please find attached a copy of my manifesto that was handed out during the course of the elections campaign.

Thanks,
    Tracey

lmao, nice use of bold in that document. It takes a lot of focus off the lack of content.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

humm given your current position, having a sticky for your announcements would be grand... canvasing.... I dunno... any objects from others?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Tracy Flinter would make a fantastic president of this country.

The-Rigger wrote: »
    Tracy Flinter would make a fantastic president of this country.
    Considering the President of Ireland has no real power, that would be a great place to put her with out her being able to do any real damage.

• Advertisement

humm given your current position, having a sticky for your announcements would be grand... canvasing.... I dunno... any objects from others?

that to me would seem to remove the status of equality around here, being applied a sticky on the basis of who you are rather than the quality or usefulness of the thread

and i'm sure tracey would like to remain equal with the rest of us :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 kate98

In relation to a previous post... "What is so dirty about the incumbant President?"

Simply put, we'd be better without him. He's power-abusive and a walk over, he's a good public speaker but in reality is completely unwilling to take a stand on anything. A typical politician, he has learned all too well how to talk around a subject without ever answering a question directly.

All talk No action

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭sunnyjim

Our president is female...

sunnyjim wrote: »
    Our president is female...

I was refering to our current president. Apologies if this was unclear.
    His term will end on June 30th of this year!!

Traceys inauguration for the role of President is not until April 30th,
    and until June 30th she remains our Vice President for Academic and Student Affairs.

kate98 wrote: »
    I was refering to our current president. Apologies if this was unclear.
    His term will end on June 30th of this year!!

Traceys inauguration for the role of President is not until April 30th,
    and until June 30th she remains our Vice President for Academic and Student Affairs.
    LMAO, you'd swear it was important.

Ass wrote: »
    LMAO, you'd swear it was important.

Of course its important, Tracey will be a very different President to our current one.

Think of it this way, he had traceys job as VP last year. Didn't really do anything. Tracey has done loads this year, and she will next year too.

If you think its all so unimportant, why do you bother commenting on any of it!!

kate98 wrote: »
    Of course its important
    Haha, you crack me up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭miss no stars

Well Tracey, now that you've been "inaugurated", are you going to DO SOMETHING about the library hours?

Seriously, this whole opening at 0930 is STUPID. Tomorrow my first lecture is 10. I was going to come in and study before it, but in half an hour there isn't much you can get done. :mad:

Well? Where are these flexi hours you're boasting about? Why is the library NOT open early enough? (and if you don't believe me, why not take a trip over to Bolton Street and have a look at the people hanging around outside the library waiting on it to open at 0930, and then think of the people who didn't come in then because half an hour isn't enough time to get anything meaningful done)

So answer a direct question or two
    1) WHY is this flexi time not being used to get it open EARLIER?
    2) Why are you so pleased with yourself if the problem hasn't gone away?
    3) WHEN will it be sorted?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Flinter08/09

Firstly my inaguration was on the 30th of April but tht does not mean that I am the current President. As someone earlier stated I will not take over until the 1st of July.

When it comes to the Library it's exteremly slow moving in DIT, yes we have extended hours for the Library this year and flexi time was approved but due to current cut backs and with over time being totally cut there is little happeneing.

I sat on Library Committee today and discussed these issues with the head of the library services. We requested that the libraries opened earlier meaning 8.30am as this has come from our Class Rep Meetings also. If this so happens they open at 8.30am to 8.30pm. Aungier St library have put in place early opening hours. Cathal Brugha St opens a 9.00am. With there being six different libraries there are many issues that have arose, all individual to each site.

I have never boasted about getting flexi time in the Libraries, everything I do is for the better of the students and if it means persisting and getting the Libraries open at 8.30am then I will do that.

Processess in DIT are slow moving but I am working on it I can assure you!!

Firstly my inaguration was on the 30th of April but tht does not mean that I am the current President. As someone earlier stated I will not take over until the 1st of July.

When it comes to the Library it's exteremly slow moving in DIT, yes we have extended hours for the Library this year and flexi time was approved but due to current cut backs and with over time being totally cut there is little happeneing.

I sat on Library Committee today and discussed these issues with the head of the library services. We requested that the libraries opened earlier meaning 8.30am as this has come from our Class Rep Meetings also. If this so happens they open at 8.30am to 8.30pm. Aungier St library have put in place early opening hours. Cathal Brugha St opens a 9.00am. With there being six different libraries there are many issues that have arose, all individual to each site.

I have never boasted about getting flexi time in the Libraries, everything I do is for the better of the students and if it means persisting and getting the Libraries open at 8.30am then I will do that.

Processess in DIT are slow moving but I am working on it I can assure you!!
    For those who are too lazy and didn't read the above post, I'll sum up the post above for you.

the tl;dr version: The opening times of the library will not change and the position of president of the student union is still useless.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

ass... your on a warning... this forum has a memeber of the su contributing consistantly with relevent information... unhelpful and sarcastic postic isnt wecomed... if you have an issue... say it... making comments like the one you just made is pot shotting...not cool...

76123.jpg

nice...

I was raising a valid point with my sarcastic comments.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭elementalwater

No you weren't...you were being your name sake....an Ass...

Now cmon, his point is somewhat valid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭miss no stars

2 points, the bolton street library is now open from 9am, however there was never any communication about this so hardly anyone has heard! But at least it's a start :)

Secondly
    ass... your on a warning... this forum has a memeber of the su contributing consistantly with relevent information... unhelpful and sarcastic postic isnt wecomed... if you have an issue... say it... making comments like the one you just made is pot shotting...not cool...

that's a bit unfair, who are you to say it's unhelpful. It's one person's view of the SU, they're as entitled to post their opinion as someone who worships the ground Tracey Flinter walks on is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭drogbaa

Unfortunately I have to agree - it's got to the point that I skip over anything posted by Ass cos i know it's just going to be something negative and pointless :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

that's a bit unfair, who are you to say it's unhelpful. It's one person's view of the SU, they're as entitled to post their opinion as someone who worships the ground Tracey Flinter walks on is.

Unhelpful, disrespectful and completely useless comments are not going to add anything to the thread. If someone's "view" on the topic of the SU is that it's useless and the president is as such, then they've contributed nothing to the discussion or offered nothing of value to readers of the thread.

In the same vein, someone who worships anyone in the SU can equally post irreverent nonsense that adds nothing to the discussion, but as long as what they add isn't offensive to anyone here, then it won't need "moderating".

For a long time people have been asking for the SU to be active on boards, and to contribute to discussions. We now have that situation. Being unhelpful will not change anything in DIT, better or worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 690 ✭✭✭givyjoe81

Unhelpful, disrespectful and completely useless comments are not going to add anything to the thread. If someone's "view" on the topic of the SU is that it's useless and the president is as such, then they've contributed nothing to the discussion or offered nothing of value to readers of the thread.

In the same vein, someone who worships anyone in the SU can equally post irreverent nonsense that adds nothing to the discussion, but as long as what they add isn't offensive to anyone here, then it won't need "moderating".

For a long time people have been asking for the SU to be active on boards, and to contribute to discussions. We now have that situation. Being unhelpful will not change anything in DIT, better or worse.

Erm on the topic of the library, im not long left for the land of DIT but it would be nice if the exam paper situation could be sorted out, might not be possible to the change the rather apathetic attitude of the girl in the library 'resposible' for exam papers, but it would be nice if someone would take responsibility for making sure papers are there for each course, for each sememster for each year.

I/we in our course recently had an almight (slight exaggeration!) job trying to get LAST YEARS exam papers. The said library worker did a quick check couldnt find them and promptly said it wasnt her responsibility to go chasing exam papers etc, yet she was responsible for them?! (her co-workers words) Then we were passed onto lecturers who said it wasnt their responsibilty, it was the libraries/ exams office problem etc. An avoidable mess which even the likes of IT Tallaght wouldnt see.

• Advertisement
Advertisement