Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox 360 Live Prices

• 06-02-2009 11:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

Hi everyone, I'm looking to get Xbox Live shortly, but im wondering do I really have to pay the 60 euro for the year? I'm just looking for prices and who everyone buys their membership from and how much it costs.

Thanks.
    Gazza376.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

www.buygamingcodes.com

€30 for 13 months

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Gazza376

Helix wrote: »
    www.buygamingcodes.com

€30 for 13 months

Tried it before complete waste, takes him about 2-3 days just to send an email then, then it dosnt go through properly, asks for alternative email address, you give them one and they dont even bother to send you any emails at all, I would not recommend that site at all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

worked fine for me and everyone else i know who used it

Well unfortinitly, I had a bad experience of that site, took payment and never bothered to send any email, seems very dodgy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

He is the cheapest I found.. You can get the 12 months on ebay for around 35 though if you use ebay..

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Advertisement

http://buylivecodes.com/

I used those guys. Bought one month off them a few weeks ago (first time trying out LIVE) and i got the email in a matter of minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭koHd

There's a great pack in the US with 12 months Live, PGR4 and a QWERTY pad attachment all for just $70

So that's E55 for all that.

We are ripped off in Europe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Davey909

Hi, I have a related question. When I first signed up for live, I put my credit card details into the xbox and its been automatically charging my card every month. If I buy a years membership in a shop and input the code into my xbox, will it automatically stop charging my card or do I have to contact ms to get them to stop?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,116 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

If you enter a code you buy online or from a shop then that will take effect after your current already paid for membership expires and they will stop charging the card. If your card is still valid after the end of that code has run out though then they will just start charging from your card again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Fol20

Gazza376 wrote: »
    Tried it before complete waste, takes him about 2-3 days just to send an email then, then it dosnt go through properly, asks for alternative email address, you give them one and they dont even bother to send you any emails at all, I would not recommend that site at all!

I had a problem as well,where i didnt get it,i emailed him and about 5 days later he replied and sent the code.It worked out fine for me

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Davey909

robinph wrote: »
    If you enter a code you buy online or from a shop then that will take effect after your current already paid for membership expires and they will stop charging the card. If your card is still valid after the end of that code has run out though then they will just start charging from your card again.

Grand, must do that then so. Always knew I was paying well over the odds that way but never bothered doing anything about it. Should get my finger out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

koHd wrote: »
    There's a great pack in the US with 12 months Live, PGR4 and a QWERTY pad attachment all for just $70

Indeed.
    And the chatpad is surprisingly nice. If you find yourself sending a lot of messages through XBL then it's well worth having. Slots onto the controller nicely and once you get used to the keyboard you can crank out messages in no time. Very handy for games that require text input too, for instance I used it a lot in the Viva Pinata games to name my pinatas :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Fol20

koneko wrote: »
    Indeed.
    And the chatpad is surprisingly nice. If you find yourself sending a lot of messages through XBL then it's well worth having. Slots onto the controller nicely and once you get used to the keyboard you can crank out messages in no time. Very handy for games that require text input too, for instance I used it a lot in the Viva Pinata games to name my pinatas :)

Or you could hook up a keyboard.I have the cheap dell one hooked up so its quick and easy.

koHd wrote: »

.. And a wired headset.

Question: Did you post that link to actually help the OP, and suggest he buys it, or just to show the price off?

Because i'd buy that, but i dont think they even ship here? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

i got a 13 month sub from jasper yesterday, 35 quid and had the code inside an hour.

i got a 13 month sub from jasper yesterday, 35 quid and had the code inside an hour.

From where?

I need to pay again, but don't want to pay 60euro for a years subscription.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

From where?

I need to pay again, but don't want to pay 60euro for a years subscription.
    http://www.jasper1675.com/

Do they email you the codes I'm guessing?

Ah nuts, does anyone have 2€ on their paypal they'd be willing to send me :) PM me if so!

Thanks everyone for the advice and replys im checking through them, so please keep them coming the cheaper the better.

Thanks
    Gazza376.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 601 ✭✭✭mgsrocks

I know its been suggested but im going to second jasper1675.com

Bought from here twice and both times i had the code in only a few minutes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭DingDong

I just bought from buygamingcodes.com when I put the code he sent (got it within a hour) I get an error.
    An error has occurred during the transaction. Please try again later.
    Has this happened to anyone else?

Scratch that it worked on my fourth try must of been something up with the xbox site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Keith186

mgsrocks wrote: »
    I know its been suggested but im going to second jasper1675.com

Bought from here twice and both times i had the code in only a few minutes.

Lucky you, I bought mine on Monday and I'm still waiting. The cnut won't even reply to my emails either. Think I'm gonna get a refund via paypal and go elsewhere with my money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Keith186 wrote: »
    Lucky you, I bought mine on Monday and I'm still waiting. The cnut won't even reply to my emails either. Think I'm gonna get a refund via paypal and go elsewhere with my money.
    I know you probably have...but did you check your junk mail folder?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Keith186

I know you probably have...but did you check your junk mail folder?

I got an email from him after 8pm but I was out, put the code in he gave me and it's not working.

Emailed him back a little while ago about it but didn't hear anything back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

I'd recommend Jasper too. The first code he sent didn't work for me either but after I emailed him, I had a new working code within an hour. In fairness you can't expect him to stay on-line all day every day.

I purchased mine on the 9th from http://buylivecodes.com/ and nothing has been emailed to me yet.

Have emailed them with a small screenshot of my paypal account just confirming purchase so hopefully shall hear something back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭joe123

Fol20 wrote: »
    Or you could hook up a keyboard.I have the cheap dell one hooked up so its quick and easy.

How do you do it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

joe123 wrote: »
    How do you do it?
    If it's a USB keyboard you can just plug it into one of the controller slots (which are really just USB ports). It should work straight away.

Also, you can enter your codes on XBox.com and it'll register it for you too.

Advertisement