Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Croagh Patrick, Co Mayo

• 06-02-2009 11:07pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭

I was in Westport working for the last few days and on the way to work this morning I noticed the mountain lit up with morning sunshine. Wasn't like this at all for the last few days even though the sun was shining so dunno how long this will last for. It's a stunning view but I didn't have time today to get a better composition as I had to get to work :(

3258291041_f8870a6ec1_o.jpg

3259312357_0f870eb6e0_o.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

fantastic pics - looks surreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Culann

Nice. Il ike the first one more...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭pete4130

Hey Ballyman, they have a slight hint of HDR from the 2nd one? 1st image is stunning!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Ballyman

Second one is HDR alright. That was as realistic as I could get it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Super first shot, I find that most HDR shots need a bit of contrast put back into them to make them look realistic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭alb

Ah nice, really origainal pic of a common subject.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Valentia

Yeah, love the first one. I like the idea of lots of sky. Makes you really feel the weather.

The second looks way too false I'm afraid. Even the scale looks odd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Buzz Lightyear

Love the first one, well spotted, composed and taken.

Second one defo smells of HDR especially the yellow building towards the mountain - its a bit tooooo bright.

edit:
    Actually now I know what the issue is :
    the sun is shining from behind the buildings (see the mountain) yet they are in perfectly exposed ........ so is the sky and the mountain. ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭TheNorthBank

The first shot is stunning. I'd put it on my wall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Overblood

The first one is one of the best pics I've seen on boards in ages.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

Well done! The first one is just amazing - it does not look like a hill in Ireland at all :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

1st one is the Best landscape I've seen in a long time
    2nd one is very interesting !

Thanks for the nice comments. I'm a bit disappointed with the second one alright.

I never liked those HDR images that looked really false as I couldn't see the point of them and now here I am with one of them myself!! :(

Like buzz spotted above, the sun was behind the buildings so it was the only way of exposing everything properly but it was pointless really when it turns out like this. The ideal position would have been the main street looking down onto the mountain where the street was also lit up but there were too many cars and people as well as I had to get to work on time. You can't have everything I suppose ;)

If you drove to the harbor, there is a spot with wonderful view with the ocean at the foreground. Next time ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

i would love to have pic one in a4 on a wall in my office

mukki wrote: »
    i would love to have pic one in a4 on a wall in my office

That can be arranged my friend if you wish ;) Here's another one.

3259312357_0f870eb6e0_o.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Balfey1972

great shots. first is class. well done.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

The first one is beautiful with all the different colours and shades.

The way that the cloud and sunshine interact with the outstanding scenery and can change from second to second is in my opinion why parts of Ireland are as beautiful as anywhere in the world.

But because the light and shade can change so rapidly there is no substitute to seeing it with the naked eye.

First one is excellent!

What is HDR?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Covey

Ah, home sweet home :)

Don't actually have one with snow on it myself :eek: Nice shot.

Not gone on the HDR at the Quay though.

There's a great spot nearer the town, where you can get both the Reek and Clare Island together btw.

@ ThOnda - thats a mountain not a hill :pac::D

Well, if I can walk up in my driving shoes in hour and a half, I would not call that a mountain ;)

Just one picture from a lovely September day (2006) when I was in Galway and took a short cut just to go for a walk...
    344486519_72164a2895.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Covey

ThOnda wrote: »
    Well, if I can walk up in my driving shoes in hour and a half, I would not call that a mountain ;)

WHAT SHOES ... you're meant to go barefoot you philistine :pac::D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 125 ✭✭Monasette

Great shot - nothing like a bit of snow in the morning...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 506 ✭✭✭interlocked

Fantastic photos, cant believe it's the Reek, it looks like a shot From the South Island in NZ, real Lord of the Rings imagery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭njburke

Ballyman, crackinging photos those.
    If I ever need justification for throwing the camera and tripod in the back of the landrover when I go a wandering, you've provided it.
    Cheers.

Advertisement