Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 confirmed

Options
  • 06-02-2009 11:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭

Coming as no surprise to anyone, Modern Warfare is getting a sequel. From Gamespot:
    What we heard: For a service that makes you sum up your state of mind in 140 characters, Twitter is sure getting a lot of ink. CNN and the New York Times both employed the service to cover major stories such as the Mumbai massacre and the 2008 election. President Obama also made much of the social-news feed during his campaign, using it to stoke enthusiasm among his supporters.
    In the game world, Twitter has been the source of several leaks by both journalists and developers. The most widely read of these came when Newsweek's games correspondent reported from a closed-door briefing that the sixth Call of Duty game would be a sequel to Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. However, the news was never confirmed. Ever since Activision announced that Infinity Ward would be working on the next Call of Duty last September, it has steadfastly declined to say if the game in question is Modern Warfare 2.
    Until now, anyway. Today, a tweet by Robert Bowling, Infinity Ward director of communications and community manager, appears to have all but made it official. "Reviewing some radio-chatter VO we just finished recording for Modern Warfare 2 today. 'Cujo Two-One this is Vulture, solid copy on all,'" read the Twitter post. (Emphasis added.)
    The official story: Activision reps offered nary a peep about Bowling's tweet as of press time.
    Bogus or not bogus?: Not bogus--and not unexpected. To quote Danny De Vito in the David Mamet film Heist: "Everyone likes money. That's why they call it money." With Call of Duty 4 having sold nearly 7.6 million copies and generated more than $414 million in the US alone, Activision would be foolish to tinker too much with a cash-minting formula.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Infinity Ward are developing it too, excellent.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Brilliant. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

Fantastic news. Use to get mauled in the multiplayer compared to #5 but its good fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 John Sheehy

Christmas release date I suppose. Maybe they might do something better about jumping over walls and moving when you're prone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

:DBrilliant I cant fcuking wait.!!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Redlion

yay

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,422 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Really enjoyed the first one so cant wait for this :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭FranchisePlayer

have to say the first was really enjoyable and does anyone know why they decided to revisit world war 2 in 5 bad move i think.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,428 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

have to say the first was really enjoyable and does anyone know why they decided to revisit world war 2 in 5 bad move i think.

I was made by a different developer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Excellent news, this will be epic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Infinity Ward are developing it too, excellent.:)

I think they own the IP now, so we might not see any other devs working on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Fartmonger

Ciaran500 wrote: »
    I think they own the IP now, so we might not see any other devs working on it.

Hope this is true. The non-IW releases in the series have been so... meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

More weapons please!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I was made by a different developer.
    Were you? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

Why would he reveal that on a COD thread?

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Awesome news on a great day whooooo :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Great news

This news actually rekindled my interest of cod4 and I wondered why I stopped playing. Then I was killed by a helicopter 6 times in a row and remembered why I left it :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 stj

JUST USE THE M60 TAKE THAT SUCKER DOWN!!:P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Christmas release date I suppose. Maybe they might do something better about jumping over walls and moving when you're prone.

13th November by the looks of it. :)

http://www.play.com/Games/PlayStation3/4-/8771812/Call-Of-Duty-Modern-Warfare-2/Product.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

Fizman wrote: »
    play are just taking a guess, a good guess by the look of it based on the other cod's release dates but a guess none the less :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

Cool cant wait :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Am I the only one not that interested? I mean I know IW make good games, but personally I found SP boring in COD4 save for a few select scenarios. For me it's all about the MP, in which COD4 excelled, but I find World at War to be more fun so another Modern Warfare game, from an MP perspective, doesn't seem that thrilling.

Modern Warfare/WW2 have been done to death, why can't they turn their attention elsewhere for a change...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

100% agree TerrorFirmer, Vietnam, Afghanistan, Iraq, Somalia, plenty of wars they could use. Hell they could even make up totally new wars!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

Am I the only one not that interested? QUOTE]

Probably:pac:
    but I find World at War to be more fun so another Modern Warfare game

You are in a very small minority:D cod4 is alot better that WAW imo
    Modern Warfare/WW2 have been done to death, why can't they turn their attention elsewhere for a change...

I agree about WW2 but not Modern Warfare! I CANT WAIT FOR MW2:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I agree about WW2 but not Modern Warfare!

There is piles of Modern Warfare games, people just give out about WW2 as a genre but tend to ignore MW as its more current, but there are no end of those games out as well....no genre is a stale one once its done right I suppose.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,428 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

There is piles of Modern Warfare games, people just give out about WW2 as a genre but tend to ignore MW as its more current, but there are no end of those games out as well....no genre is a stale one once its done right I suppose.

True. WW2 was supposedly stale when Call of Duty 1 came out.

Advertisement