Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Local/European Elections Jobs

Options
  • 06-02-2009 11:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 43

Hi, does anyone have any information on how to apply for election jobs ie. counting votes, checking names etc.
    Thanking you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

I'm pretty sure you have to be a civil servant first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Civil servants in the local council do this.

Now sometimes it's possible to get jobs. Back in 2004 Minister Dick Roche was trying to update the voters register. A big job for sure so if you knew a civil servant it was possible to get involved in this. I did it anyway but tbh I wouldn't do it again!

OP, unless you're in the civil service I don't see how you'll get this job. Don't forget security issues, they can't have random people coming in to count votes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Taxipete29

You dont have to be in the civil service to work in the polling stations. Not sure how you get the job, but im near certain is more about who you know.

Advertisement