Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Travel Immunisation

• 06-02-2009 11:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭

Hi, cant find any threads on this before so just need to know whats the story about getting immunisation.
    Will be going to Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam and Malaysia and on to Australia at end of may so need to know what I have to get and when? Also what would I be expecting to pay for these? Heard they're expensive

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,854 ✭✭✭Trampas

tmb.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭chosen1

Cheers, what I was looking for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Notch000

I would like to know the proice too, the other site is a bit confusing, my GP said just to pop in about a month before i go and i can get them done then and there.
    Will it be like 200, 400 or 600+ euro for SEAsia shots

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Hey,
    I'm in the process of getting my jabs at the moment for China and SE Asia.

Had a consult (with my girlfriend, so it works out cheaper) for €60.

The big ones are (even though it was only last Friday my memory is sketchy on the exact cost breakdown)

Hep B - €30 a go x 3 jabs
    Rabies - €60 a go x 3 jabs
    Hep A/Thyphiod - €80 (but only once)
    Tetanus - €?? (haven't got it yet, includes Polio and Diptheria too though)

We're also going to get Japanese Encipalitus. Not sure how much that one costs yet either.

All in all, I'm looking at around €300-€400 for all my vaccinations.

Then there is Malaria. You need to get tablets for that. There are 3 choices of tablet to go for.
    1: Cheap cheap cheap. Side effects include sleeplessness, bad dreams and other nice so nice psychiatric side effects. Big no from us
    2: Cheap. Affect the absorption of other medicines though, including the pill.
    3: Expensive but no real bad side effects from what we were told. We're going for this one.

VERY IMPORTANT: Certain zones require the Malaria tablet. Before you enter one, you need to take the tablets for 2 days beforehand and 1 week after you leave. So jumping in and out of Malaria zones is expensive. Plan ahead.

MOST IMPORTANT: I am not a doctor (medical anyway). The above is based my consultation with a doctor based on my route. You need to have a consultation. They'll sort you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭v.e.r.b.a.l

got my jabs already with the tmb. have to say they've caused me an awful amount of trouble.

First of all, perscribing the wrong amount of malaria tablets - too little (7 weeks instead of 10 weeks!!!)

Second of all, forgetting to perscribe a general antibiotic - 3 times he's told me he'll put it on my perscription (because I've already had 3 perscriptions due to their mistakes!) and i still don't have one... I've given up on it at this stage :(

Third and scariest of all, is the fact that the nurse accidently put the wrong dates on my girlfriend's "yellow book" that shows renewal dates of your jabs and a stamp to prove your immunised against yellow fever which is a requirement for entry to some countries on our list (like Vietnam)... The book said she was covered until December 2009 instead of 2019!!! That little mistake, had we not noticed, would have been fun on the border of Cambodia and Vietnam!!!

That's the end of my rant, I promise... I just worry that if they can make that many simple mistakes, I wonder was it marmalade that they accidently injected into my arms>? :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 359 ✭✭Arcee

chosen1 wrote: »
    Hi, cant find any threads on this before so just need to know whats the story about getting immunisation.
    Will be going to Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam and Malaysia and on to Australia at end of may so need to know what I have to get and when? Also what would I be expecting to pay for these? Heard they're expensive

Hi OP - as other posters said, your first port of call should be TMB. Have your journey plan with you so they can calculate how long you will be in each region and how much malaria meds you need. Depending on where you're going and what activities you're going to engage in you may not need every injection that's available. While you want to be well covered, a good doctor will not overprescribe vaccinations which you don't need. It's probably best to make your appointment 6 - 8 weeks before you leave in case you need a course of injections that has to be given over a period of time.

You'll have to pay for the jabs but bear in mind that most of them will cover you for 5 or 10 years so hopefully that will cover you for a few future trips. The Hep A vacine is valid for one year but if you have a booster after that year you are then covered for 25 years I believe.

You should be able to get your malaria tablets on the drug payment scheme which means you only pay the first €80 or €90 and the state pays the rest. This could be useful if you are prescrbed Malarone. It appears to be the best anti-malarial in terms of having little or no side effects but its's wicked expensive. Can run to over 200 for 6 or 8 weeks of tabs.

Third and scariest of all, is the fact that the nurse accidently put the wrong dates on my girlfriend's "yellow book" that shows renewal dates of your jabs and a stamp to prove your immunised against yellow fever which is a requirement for entry to some countries on our list (like Vietnam)...

The book said she was covered until December 2009 instead of 2019!!! That little mistake, had we not noticed, would have been fun on the border of Cambodia and Vietnam!!!

Yellow fever vaccinations are not required in order to enter Cambodia and Vietnam unless you are coming from a country which has yellow fever. You are also at no risk of contracting yellow fever in either of these countries

Arcee wrote: »

You should be able to get your malaria tablets on the drug payment scheme which means you only pay the first €80 or €90 and the state pays the rest. This could be useful if you are prescrbed Malarone. It appears to be the best anti-malarial in terms of having little or no side effects but its's wicked expensive. Can run to over 200 for 6 or 8 weeks of tabs.

Is this true? I can just register for the DPS, get my card and buy as much Malarone as I need for only €80 or €90. I'm looking at 9-10 weeks of tablets, that'd be a real money saver.

DPS is now 100/month

But how much does it cover you for? There must be some upper limit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭maggy_thatcher

Another thing to remember is that some private health insurance products include holiday vaccines -- for example VHI "First" Plans (or their "Company" Plans). I don't know if the other ones do too. Think they cover you for €100 every year or so.

Obviously, this is only any good if you have private health insurance!

• Advertisement

Bacchus wrote: »
    Is this true? I can just register for the DPS, get my card and buy as much Malarone as I need for only €80 or €90. I'm looking at 9-10 weeks of tablets, that'd be a real money saver.

I got 3 weeks of Malarone in 2006 and 6 weeks in 2008 and only had to pay the 80 or 90 (can't remember the exact figure). There was a thread on here about this a few months ago. I think some people had been having trouble getting the prescription from their local chemists so it seems the chemists are the ones making the decisions. I can PM you the name of where I got my last prescrip if you like.
    Notch000 wrote: »
    DPS is now 100/month

That's good to know - I heard it might have changed.
    But how much does it cover you for? There must be some upper limit.

I don't believe there's an upper limit. The scheme covers all prescription medicine and I would imagine was originally intended for those with a long term illness needing regular and expensive medication. There's some details on how to apply here
    http://www.citizensinformation.ie/categories/health/entitlement-to-health-services/drugs-payment-scheme

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Do you really need to be taking 10 weeks of anti-malarial tablets while visitng SEA Asia?

Wouldn't like to take that amount of the stuff myself.

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Do you really need to be taking 10 weeks of anti-malarial tablets while visitng SEA Asia?

Wouldn't like to take that amount of the stuff myself.

That's true - it's not ideal and there's not much concrete data on the long term effects. My doctor was very relectant to prescribe 6 weeks worth and only did so as I was travelling for a number of months and was not going to be in malarial regions for continuous periods. I was able to take a break of 3 weeks or so in between 2 weeks blocks of time in these regions.

Fair enough. I'm back in to the doctors tomorrow for round 2 of Rabies and Hep B. I'll discuss the Malaria situation with the doctor then.
    Thanks for all the help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

That's true - it's not ideal and there's not much concrete data on the long term effects. My doctor was very relectant to prescribe 6 weeks worth and only did so as I was travelling for a number of months and was not going to be in malarial regions for continuous periods. I was able to take a break of 3 weeks or so in between 2 weeks blocks of time in these regions.
    Same with me, I went over with 10 weeks worth of tablets but only took them in areas where there was a high risk.

I probably spent about 10 months in SE Asia in the end.

Hope I don't get delayed malerial symptoms someday down the line though.

:pac:

Yellow fever vaccinations are not required in order to enter Cambodia and Vietnam unless you are coming from a country which has yellow fever. You are also at no risk of contracting yellow fever in either of these countries

But Yellow Fever vaccinations are a requirement to enter these countries if you're coming from a country that has a risk of contracting yellow fever such as a lot of countries in South America, where we'll be before SE Asia!

But Yellow Fever vaccinations are a requirement to enter these countries if you're coming from a country that has a risk of contracting yellow fever such as a lot of countries in South America, where we'll be before SE Asia!

Correct. Just clarifying in case people travelling from Ireland thought it was required in all circumstances.

I know.

I was just stuck in a bit of a rant about how much i hate the tmb! They seemed to be good at the start, but by the time I was finished with them, they'd made one too many serious f**k up. It might have been that I was just unlucky, but it happened to my girlfriend too, and she went seperately.

Well, the nurse at the clinic was no good at all. Didn't know much about any of the Malaria tablets. When I asked, "Is Malarone" ok for long term use?" her response was "weelllll... it is and it isn't" :confused: WTF!

Anyway. New question.

Has anyone ever claimed tax back on their vaccinations using the MED1 form? I just spotted a mention of it on tmb.ie that said you can claim up to 41% back on your travel vaccinations. Has anyone ever done this?

Has anyone ever claimed tax back on their vaccinations using the MED1 form? I just spotted a mention of it on tmb.ie that said you can claim up to 41% back on your travel vaccinations. Has anyone ever done this?

Haven't claimed for travel vaccinations alone but have done for all my medical and dental expenses in a particular year. Basically you fill in a med 1 or med 2 form listing medical expenses during the year. If you do a tax return every year it's a good time to fill it in. I think you could get relief at the top rate on some of your expenses prior to 2009 but since Jan you can now get relief at 20% on pretty much all your expenses, bar the first couple of hundred I think. There's loads of details about it on the citizens information site.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Was just looking on tmb there and have a quick question.

The Hep A jab is listed as 50euro and you have to get two.

So is that 50euro per jab so 100euro overall.

Or 50euro for the two jabs?

Em... Hep A is one jab. I got mine 2 weeks ago. I think it was €80.

... or maybe I've gone mad from the amount of medication I've received in the past month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Em... Hep A is one jab. I got mine 2 weeks ago. I think it was €80.

... or maybe I've gone mad from the amount of medication I've received in the past month.

On the website it's listed as two...
    Hmmm...
    I'll ring them and find out sure

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 359 ✭✭Chickus

Has anyone recommendations of doctors in Dublin that are cheaper for vaccinations than tropical medical bureau...i'm going to south america, oz,Nz and SE Asia in July so i need a lot, iv been told it will cost me about €500

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41 keeffe2001

I have been using D2 medical on upper fitzwilliam street. Cheaper than TMB and a really nice doctor who isn't trying to sell you more than you need

Chickus wrote: »
    Has anyone recommendations of doctors in Dublin that are cheaper for vaccinations than tropical medical bureau...i'm going to south america, oz,Nz and SE Asia in July so i need a lot, iv been told it will cost me about €500

If you can, do some independent research before you go in and find out exactly what you will need. I'm not saying the internet will tell you more than your doctor, but sometimes they err on the side of caution by giving you every vaccination they have instead of being selective.

On the plus side, this is probably a once-off expense as most vaccinations will last you anywhere from 5 to 25 years so you may not need to get them ever again.

Another thought - maybe you can get your vaccines cheaper in other countries? So lets say your in south america first, maybe you can get vaccinated for Asia while you there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭lady_j

Well, the nurse at the clinic was no good at all. Didn't know much about any of the Malaria tablets. When I asked, "Is Malarone" ok for long term use?" her response was "weelllll... it is and it isn't" :confused: WTF!

Anyway. New question.

Yep I claimed it not sure if it was using that form though, just include it on the medical expenses and keep your receipts in case they check. You can do it online. Not sure how much I got for the medical alone as I was claiming tax credits at the same, but I reckon I got about 100 quid back from the vaccinations

ok I got my shots last weeks for South East Asia, All in was 2 injections for hep A, thypoid, diphtheria & Teatanus. Also got perscription for anti diarr antibiotics & malaron tablets. I alos got a travel guide health sickness guide of my GP. I can get the malaron on the DPS which i use anyways so they are effictively free !

Total cost E 140 not 400-500 as people are saying

oh ya VHI say they give up to 100 back for shots too, but this is probly a lie like they usually do

Good for you Notch500. Nice and cheap.

Can I just ask you two things though.

What about Hep B? Obviously, whatever your route is, is different to mine but at the travel clinic I went to, it wasn't a case of "consider getting Hep B". It was, "get Hep B".

Ditto for Rabies? I don't mean to scare or anything, but for the sake of €150 or so, you'd have 72 hours to get to a hospital rather than 24 hours (which is a big difference if you're off in the middle of nowhere), should an animal bite/scratch you. If you're staying in the cities there's prob no need for it though.

I've got all my jabs at this stage.
    Hep A & Thypoid €80
    Hep B (x3) €105
    Rabies (x3) €150
    Tetanus, Diphtheria & Polio €35

Total cost = €370

Got prescription for Malarone too. Using the DPS, that should just be €100.

So my final total for everything should be €470.

Hoping to get some of that back on the MED1 form. Will be doing that next week.

Is that true about the VHI bit?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 793 ✭✭✭supermouse

Notch000 wrote: »
    ok I got my shots last weeks for South East Asia, All in was 2 injections for hep A, thypoid, diphtheria & Teatanus. Also got perscription for anti diarr antibiotics & malaron tablets. I alos got a travel guide health sickness guide of my GP. I can get the malaron on the DPS which i use anyways so they are effictively free !

Total cost E 140 not 400-500 as people are saying

oh ya VHI say they give up to 100 back for shots too, but this is probly a lie like they usually do

My doc is also recommending Hep B and Rabies.

Anyone any clues on Japanese Encephalitis?! Doc says its got a lot of bad side effects and its nearly more risky than actually getting the disease! Anybody get it?

supermouse wrote: »
    My doc is also recommending Hep B and Rabies.

Anyone any clues on Japanese Encephalitis?! Doc says its got a lot of bad side effects and its nearly more risky than actually getting the disease! Anybody get it?

Depends on where you are going. In most places in Asia, Jap Ence isn't in the top few things you're most likely to pick up. You'll get Malaria, Dengue fever, Thai belly etc a lot quicker.

As regards Hep B, it's only transmitted via exchange of bodily fluids (sex, sharing needles, contact with open/oozing wounds) so your risk of contracting it is really mostly within your control (unless you end up needing a blood transfusion in an underdeveloped country). I know a lot of doctors recomend it but it's a personal choice really. As for me, I've been to Asia many times and have not been vaccinated against Hep B.

Good for you Notch500. Nice and cheap.

Can I just ask you two things though.

What about Hep B? Obviously, whatever your route is, is different to mine but at the travel clinic I went to, it wasn't a case of "consider getting Hep B". It was, "get Hep B".

Ditto for Rabies? I don't mean to scare or anything, but for the sake of €150 or so, you'd have 72 hours to get to a hospital rather than 24 hours (which is a big difference if you're off in the middle of nowhere), should an animal bite/scratch you. If you're staying in the cities there's prob no need for it though.

I've got all my jabs at this stage.
    Hep A & Thypoid €80
    Hep B (x3) €105
    Rabies (x3) €150
    Tetanus, Diphtheria & Polio €35

Total cost = €370

Got prescription for Malarone too. Using the DPS, that should just be €100.

So my final total for everything should be €470.

Hoping to get some of that back on the MED1 form. Will be doing that next week.

Is that true about the VHI bit?

my doc, is part of some traveller beurrau and they have weeekly updated recommended vaccines, i got what was recommended for the countries i am going visiting, thai, cam, loas, vietnam. No more

You can claim up to 20% back of the total medical cost (after the first 1-200?) on the med 1. You will have to wait until then end of the new tax year t odo this tho.

Also vhi claim to give up to E100 back for vacinations, im not sure how this works but i persume you would have to spent several 100 to get anything near 100 euro claimed back, im a vhi member and last year submittd 1500E in medical bills, perscriptions, GP visits, dentistry, consultant visits, hospital fees etc and i got a total refund of 37.00E !!! WTF such a scam advertising great refunds.

Oh God. Not the Jap B. Right, so after my first consultation with the nurse I was convinced I needed Jap B.
    The i was supposed to actually get it, the doctor came in to talk to me (cos he had to sign it off) and asked me WHY I was getting it. He said, unless I was pig farming for a month in rural Cambodia or camping in the jungle, I was fairly safe. He said, of the thousand or so travelers he's immunized over the last year, around 5 people took Jap B. The side effects are fairly bad too from the vaccine.

I would be very hesitant to get it unless you're really going into the outback for long stretches of time.

Regarding the Hep B. It is your own choice. But as far as I am personally concerned. The vaccination will last me 25 years (I think). Why not get it when I'm going to under developed countries where I am at a higher risk of getting it.
    The travel clinic I went to is also a member of some traveler bureau (probably the same one). Hep B and Rabies were both recommended for those same countries. It all depends really on what you'll be doing in those countries though. Whether you'll be sticking to the main routes between the major cities or going off the beaten track where you'll be more at risk to certain diseases.

Maybe I'm being over cautious but my health is my wealth so I'm not taking the risk.

Thanks Bacchus.

Started Jabs last night and decided against Jap B. Like you say, unless your going completly off the beaten track its not nescessary.

Got the Hep B, yellow fever and the 1st part of my basic jabs....

Arms Ache :(:(

Thanks Bacchus.

Started Jabs last night and decided against Jap B. Like you say, unless your going completly off the beaten track its not nescessary.

Got the Hep B, yellow fever and the 1st part of my basic jabs....

Arms Ache :(:(

No problem. So glad we didn't get Jap B ourselves.

That's the worst part isn't it. For the next 24 hours you're are just.... ugh. It's not even pain, it's just aching stiffness. It's all worth in the end though :)

• Advertisement

No problem. So glad we didn't get Jap B ourselves.

That's the worst part isn't it. For the next 24 hours you're are just.... ugh. It's not even pain, it's just aching stiffness. It's all worth in the end though :)

Oooohhh, it's horrible isn't it? Mine lasted 4 days :( - feels like when you were a kid and someone just punched you really hard and gave you a dead arm.

In fairness though Vaccinations are like every other medicine, what work wonders for one person will cause another person to have harsh side effects.

Trust medical opinion wherever you go, they are the professionals!

Oooohhh, it's horrible isn't it? Mine lasted 4 days :( - feels like when you were a kid and someone just punched you really hard and gave you a dead arm.

Got both arms done last night - cant lift them past my shoulders... so stiff and sore! not impressed haha!
    have to do it all over again next week ... :(:(

Hi,
    you want to know what to get and when. You don't have to get anything, at all, ever, except if you arrive in a country from another country where yellow fever is endemic.

You only need to know three things for complete peace of mind, regarding vaccination:

1. Vaccines are useless
    2. Vaccines are dangerous
    3. Vaccines are a money-making racket.

WTF is this sh*t. That is your opinion and is way against popular belief. Do not spout it as fact as it may result in someone making a rash decision.

That's very wise. I have a friend who had the hep shots and now has was crippling chronic fatigue. She's on accident compensation now. I've heard of quite a few other cases like hers. The hep b vacc is genetically engineered and is known to have caused a great upsurge in juvenile insulin-dependent diabetes in children, as well as of a type of MS (multiple sclerosis).

ALL vaccines are useless and dangerous. Check out www.thinktwice.org or www.vran.org or the facebook page 'Vaccination Information Network'.
    I have been living in Thailand for nearly the past three years, without getting shots, and have had no problems whatsoever. If anybody wanted to give me a vaccine, they would have to shoot me first.
    All the best!

Please do not use my post to support your theory that vaccines are useless and dangerous. I am in full support of people getting vacinated when they travel. My only advice is for people to be aware of the diseases they may be exposed to in different regions and to chose appropriate vacinations accordingly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

Please do not use my post to support your theory that vaccines are useless and dangerous. I am in full support of people getting vacinated when they travel. My only advice is for people to be aware of the diseases they may be exposed to in different regions and to chose appropriate vacinations accordingly.

There is a facebook page about it. It must be true!!

Hey,
    I've run into a problem with the drugs payment scheme and my malaria tablet prescription.
    My gf tried to get hers in the Chemist this morning and the lady said that it was not covered by the DPS and she'd have to pay the full amount.
    What's going on here? I thought the DPS would cover it. People have done this on this forum before. Is the lady at the chemist just wrong?

Thanks,
    Bacchus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 solas geal

i think she might be wrong as i got my malarone tablets on the DPS a few weeks ago - Hickeys Pharmacies seem really clued into it and it was no hassle whatsoever.

Phew thanks. Even on this thread loads have people have said they got it no problem on the DPS. But you never know, things may have changed since they got theirs. You got yours a few weeks ago. Savage. It was gonna cost us €300 each otherwise :eek:

The chemist must have just been wrong. They said something like "that's a private prescription" and it wasn't covered or some BS like that.

Phew thanks. Even on this thread loads have people have said they got it no problem on the DPS. But you never know, things may have changed since they got theirs. You got yours a few weeks ago. Savage. It was gonna cost us €300 each otherwise :eek:

The chemist must have just been wrong. They said something like "that's a private prescription" and it wasn't covered or some BS like that.

I've heard of that happening before - some chemists seem to take exception with it but as far as I know, ALL prescriptions are covered. If they want to lose out on a sale because they're gonna be silly about it.... tough on them! Definitely worth trying another chemist. I got my prescrip in August lat year in Blanchardstown.... it was a chemist in the shopping centre.... can't remember the name but if you're stuck, pm me and I'll fish out the receipt!

WOAH..... I got my perscription for myself and himself, 3 months worth of Bymycin and was told it was exempt from DPS.. With the antibiotics the doc prescribed and our malaria tabs cost me €260 in total :(
    Is it only malarone thats covered?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

Good website here on Travel Health
    http://www.fitfortravel.scot.nhs.uk/home.aspx

A good idea is to do your own research on what vacs you need based on the specific areas of a country you are going to. Private Tropical Medical businesses have a vested interest in selling you as much vacs as possible, often ones that you don't truly need.
    Do your own research before a consultation.

WOAH..... I got my perscription for myself and himself, 3 months worth of Bymycin and was told it was exempt from DPS.. With the antibiotics the doc prescribed and our malaria tabs cost me €260 in total :(
    Is it only malarone thats covered?

To the best of my knowledge, ALL prescription medication, whatever it's for, is covered.
    http://www.hse.ie/eng/Find_a_Service/entitlements/Drugs_Payment_Scheme/Your_Guide_to_Drugs_Payment_Scheme.html
    I can't find any information other than the above and am just talking from personal experience but then again, I've only used it for Malarone prescriptions. I guess giving the local health office a call might be the best bet.

Got onto pharmacy today and i wasnt registered for DPS so i have the forms to send away, will get the excess of €100 back...... thank god! :)
    thanks for advice!! :)

Christ this whole DPS thing is a mess.

Went to 2 chemists today to check out the Malarone situation. DPS card only arrived AFTER I got back of course so I'm back in tomorrow to actually get the tablets :rolleyes:

Chemist #1 : Very helpful man at the counter but he said that because it was 83 tablets it was a 3 month supply and would therefore be 3 x €100 to get them. He said that he'd "work the books" so that I could get em all in 2 months of my DPS, therefore costing me only €200.

Chemist #2 : Girl behind counter said, no problem. 83 tablets, you can put that on your DPS for €100. Please God let her be at the counter tomorrow. It seems to be the luck of the draw who you get talking to. Why isn't there a definitive procedure for this??

Meanwhile, my gf in Nenagh is getting told by all the chemists, "that'll be €300".

• Advertisement
Advertisement