Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eddie vedder doing U2 at a party

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Devious

The man is a legend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭thebigcheese22

Devious wrote: »
    The man is a legend.

+ 1 :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Tristram

+ 1 :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Feelgood

Devious wrote: »
    The man is a legend.

+ 1.5 Million, Best musician on the planet..

I think we should have an Eddie Vedder Forum!!! :)

Or at least a HUGE motherfookin thread dedicated to the man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,461 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Heroic!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

The video appears to have been removed. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭dimejinky99

thats tenclub..as usual jumping on peoples fun...aaaassholes

Grrrr :mad:

But I am totally behind an Eddie Vedder forum!!! :)

Anyone here have Into the Wild? Brilliant album! :cool:

i like into the wild but it's more like a demo..he was well ticked off he didn't get an oscar nomination for it..like really ticked off..guaranteed was a good song but rise was probably the one they shoulda went with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Websters

BAH! Anyone find this video again? Mail the owner and ask him/her for it!

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Certainly an improvement over the original. ;)

Certainly an improvement over the original. ;)

OMG did he just go there?!

Yeah I agree tho! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

OMG did he just go there?!

Yeah I agree tho! ;)

I think most people would go there. Eddie is just a far, far better singer than Bono.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭Black NG-60-90

I love the Into The Wild album so much :D Society and Guaranteed are some the best things he's ever done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

I think most people would go there. Eddie is just a far, far better singer than Bono.

Far, far better than most of the planet. Amazing voice.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

The man is a legend, and can still give it socks after twenty odd years! anyone heard Chris Cornell trying to sing Jesus Christ Pose recently?! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Pub07

Far far better singer than Bono but Bono is a far far better songwriter than Eddie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Pub07 wrote: »
    Far far better singer than Bono but Bono is a far far better songwriter than Eddie.

15 years ago and i would have agreed with you, but the junk Bono has written and passed off as lyrics since 1993 has been somewhat laughable at best, and I'm what one would consider a U2 fan, before i get accused of Bono bashing.

But Vedder's stuff after Ten improves in leaps and bounds while Bono's has regressed, Elevation, and Fast Cars are two of MANY examples that I could use.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Pub07

I still have respect for Eddie Vedder but I have no respect for Bono these days, he's more of a businessman and 'rent a quote' these days than a musician. Total hypocrite too. Im a big fan of U2's material up til and including Pop and I agree that Bono has been writing some utter sh*te for the last 10 years, the odd half decent tune notwithstanding.

But from Joshua Tree up to Pop he wrote incredible material, tunes that are timeless and sound like they could've been written yesterday. With or without you for example, its hard to believe a tune of that integrity was written in 1986 at the height of 80's cheese pop and rock. Vedder's a gifted songwriter too, but for sheer consistency over an extended period of time and having written some of the hands down best tunes of all time I have to hand it to Bono.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Pub07 wrote: »
    for sheer consistency over an extended period of time and having written some of the hands down best tunes of all time I have to hand it to Bono.

Completely laughable as Bono hasn't been consistant since 1993, whereas Vedder has. :) Even Bono failed in his earlier days as there War was 50% utter tripe which had Bono talking out his ass, Half of The Unforgettable Fire was merely his opinion on what he had little or no experience of (MLK and Elvis Presley), and Rattle and Hum was a complete flop!

Not exactly my definition of consistant, but hey, whatever helps you sleep at night. :)

In fairness lads, there's no comparing the two..they're both at completely different stages of their careers! Pj are on their 8th(?) record so compare them up to Bono's 8th if you wanna be fair. I do think Bono's best work is far far behind him, like the previous poster said, the odd tune here and there aside, but in a lot of ways I'd respect bands like U2 more if they retired before they became ****e or just even repeating themselves. u2 ar bangin away at the same thing since POP with little succes apart from the singles. Pearl jam can do the Neil Young thing and rock it out or go acoustic or dark. They've way more than 1 string to their bow and I don't think U2 can say the same.

They'll never give up 'cos the stadium thing makes them feel young and it's lucrative. pearl jam on the other hand, i'd love and hope to see them become a great studio band. it's unlikely at this stage but they too will always be an amazing live band. better than U2 i'd say. it's gimmick free and pre rockin'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭TedKelly

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    Completely laughable as Bono hasn't been consistant since 1993, whereas Vedder has. :) Even Bono failed in his earlier days as there War was 50% utter tripe which had Bono talking out his ass, Half of The Unforgettable Fire was merely his opinion on what he had little or no experience of (MLK and Elvis Presley), and Rattle and Hum was a complete flop!Not exactly my definition of consistant, but hey, whatever helps you sleep at night. :)

?????

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭starflake

TedKelly wrote: »
    ?????

Speed? I f uckin hate u2 (well anything from the mid 90s on)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 149 ✭✭spaceboy

That video rocks. Eddie is a total legend.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Websters

gotta say though, where the streets have no name....sheer epicness of a song :D

Advertisement