Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Guys, assistance please

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Fad wrote: »
    Yes, the OP is most likely striken with facial bum fluff.
    So is CM, he's just a big fan of that famous river in Egypt ... :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

So is CM, he's just a big fan of that famous river in Egypt ... :pac:

Of course, boasting about you beard is like boasting about your................

Pics or it didnt happen CM, and both of the things I was referring to!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

My goatee looks so much more impressive since I shaved off my long hair :cool:

Oh, he does that too! :rolleyes:
    :eek:

Masochist much?! :p:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭cautioner

An File wrote: »

pics or gtfo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭congo_90

I have an undesirable growth above my upper lip that gives me the appearance of a rapist.

What does a Rapist look like? :confused::confused:
    As others have said, Get a mach 3, some shaving gel and some sort of post shaving cream (if you have sensitive skin)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

cautioner wrote: »
    pics or gtfo

Photos uploaded just for you :)

Point proven?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

I like the way the high resolution means I can zoom in and see every pore on your face.

Most things look more impressive with less hair around them ...

Point proven?
    ... this isn't one of them! :pac: :D

• Advertisement

JC 2K3 wrote: »
    I like the way the high resolution means I can zoom in and see every pore on your face.

I <3 my camera :)
    Most things look more impressive with less hair around them ...

... this isn't one of them! :pac: :D

Ouch! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,241 ✭✭✭sdanseo

+1 for the electric razor, have never used a manual one. Too much pain potential :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Pm sent... :pac:

Point proven?

Dude. You've got grey hair?!

Just a tip. Get somebody to show you how to shave properly, otherwise, you're more than likely to get in-grown hairs. Also shaving wrong can ruin your future beard, hair can start growing in different directions etc., so get somebody to show you how.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Considering your goatee is a mix of grey,ginger and brown hair i beg to differ :p

Stev_o wrote: »
    Considering your goatee is a mix of grey,ginger and brown hair i beg to differ :p

I just looked at the picture again, it came out so strangely! That silver tint off everything is down to a glitch in the software, not because of faulty follicles!

• Advertisement

Ah yeah, glitch in the software... I'm surprised I hadn't heard that one from randy before! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭cocoa

lol, faulty follicles... I wonder how much replacements cost...

My beard (when it's there), and in fact most people's, are generally multi coloured, I have these strange red patch underneath and either side of my chin...

Yeah, ginge tinge. I've got that going on

'cept it's on the top of my head. Sick.

cautioner wrote: »
    Yeah, ginge tinge. I've got that going on

'cept it's on the top of my head. Sick.

Dont worry, you'll be culled soon :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

Dont worry, you'll be culled soon :)
    bring it!!
    p.s.(the colour of your beard is the colour of another region all together)

• Advertisement

bring it!!

Dont worry you're in Mayo too far away to infect anything much :pac:
    What beard:p

bring it!!

I would say pics or gtfo, but I'm guessing that wouldn't be appropriate? :D

no pics on the way but... evidence to the contrary does exist, somewhere... :pac:

Back to the point, I need to have a shave today.
    Think I'll go do that now.

GINGER STRIKE FORCE, ATTACK!!!!!!

:pac:

Dont worry you're in Mayo too far away to infect anything much :pac:
    are you sure?
    see that ginger-man-shaped bird outside your window?

oh and i could show you evidence BUT you'd have to pay*

*i'm cheap,but not that cheap

Tiocfaidh ár lá.

are you sure?
    see that ginger-man-shaped bird outside your window?

oh and i could show you evidence BUT you'd have to pay*

*i'm cheap,but not that cheap

People never lie on the Internet, Boards says you're from Mayo, you're from Mayo...........

PAUL O' CONNELL
    FROM YES,

from YES,but where am i right now?

• Advertisement

You're from Yes?

Also why do you keep quoting me >_>

You're from Yes?

Also why do you keep quoting me >_>

Paul O Connell is a beast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Mods can we have this thread changed to "Gentlemen Shaving" to reflect where this thread is going =P

Natural is best :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭Jesus Juice

Feckin Gingers everywhere ya look...*looks around getting increasingly paranoid*

has anyone else noticed the OP hasn't been back on yet and this thread is gone WAAAYYY off topic

EDIT: oh yeah stev o did

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,435 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Feckin Gingers everywhere ya look...*looks around getting increasingly paranoid*

/whispers
    I see ginger people:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Does it work to shave your face with conditioner? I wouldn't know cos I'm a girl but I do know it works other places.

Piste wrote: »
    Does it work to shave your face with conditioner? I wouldn't know cos I'm a girl but I do know it works other places.

Like on your....
    legs?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

Like on your....
    legs?

Not like you don't already know it works on your legs:P

Not like you don't already know it works on your legs:P
    I reckon he's claiming less knowledge / experience than he actually has ... just this once!! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Like on your....
    legs?

And underarms!

Lads, I went mad today and bought blades for my GILLETE MAX ULTRA FUSION TURBO POWER SEXY ACTION YEAH! They're stupidly expensive (4 for €17) and I don't have a job so I've been using cheapies lately but my God... My face is smoother than a velvet baby's ass. It's amazing.

you think that's good try the "double-shave"that's once down and re-foam and once up again ,rough yes ,but you'd never know you had hair in the first place

.........what exactly is a velvet baby?

you think that's good try the "double-shave"that's once down and re-foam and once up again ,rough yes ,but you'd never know you had hair in the first place

.........what exactly is a velvet baby?

So doing that next time I'm not half-arsed.

I'm not exactly sure, but judging by my face last night it's f*cking smooth.

• Advertisement

Too much of a trek!

If you're going to make a pass against the grain (up, for most people) then you should make sure the razor is in good condition and your skin is well hydrated, otherwise you'll end up with skin so irritated it won't matter you got so close...

cocoa wrote: »
    If you're going to make a pass against the grain (up, for most people) then you should make sure the razor is in good condition and your skin is well hydrated, otherwise you'll end up with skin so irritated it won't matter you got so close...

+1

My girlfriend gives out when I don't shave against the grain ("stubble burn" apparently :rolleyes: ) but it always ends up irritating my face the day after. Any tips on how to avoid said irritation?

+1

My girlfriend gives out when I don't shave against the grain ("stubble burn" apparently :rolleyes: ) but it always ends up irritating my face the day after. Any tips on how to avoid said irritation?

it's been said a few times already but a good long treatment with hot water before even begining to shave never did any harm. It's been said keeping your face under the shower for a bit is good, though i've never tried myself cos i can't shave after a shower cos the mirror fogs up like you wouldn't believe...

I've found mantic59's videos on youtube to be fantastic for improving technique / just generally learning stuff I didn't know, you should check him out.

You shouldn't ever go for a pass against the grain straight away though. Unless you're doing method shaving, it generally goes 1 pass with the grain (then another with the grain if you're still learning), 1 pass across it and then one against it.

In regards to irritation and proper hydration of the skin, dropping the gel / foam in a can is a good idea, as it just doesn't do the full job. Try to find a shaving soap or similar and it should feel better. There's a thread in the facial hair and hats forum on safety razors where they've recommended a good few products.

Advertisement