Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Lee for FG in Dublin South

Options
  • 06-02-2009 11:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 49

I heard he is being parachuted by FG HQ for the Dublin South by-election. Can anyone confirm? Also note that RTE is pushing him into bakground which is very unusually, I reckon they are aware what is happening, he is avoiding overtly any major political commentary.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭dresden8

What we need from journalism is neutral observers who tell it like it is. Not overtly party hacks who hope to gain personally from the situation.

The world of politics and journalism are too closely intertwined in this country.

Hopefully it's not true. Not good news if it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,343 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

werent they supposed to be getting eddie hobbs too? has anyone seen the ginger fella i like to refer to in my book as twatman? he wont be far behind

• Registered Users Posts: 3,590 ✭✭✭Tristram

MC Williams?

Tristram wrote: »
    MC Williams?
    yep

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Why go from a prominent role and be known around the country to a position as a backbencher? Step downwards tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

He'd want to be mad to take on that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭Euro_Kraut

mikemac wrote: »
    Why go from a prominent role and be known around the country to a position as a backbencher? Step downwards tbh.

Guess he would be brought into the front bench immediately. There is precedent for that.

mikemac wrote: »
    might be a power thing from his perspective, right now he's just a harbinger of doom. but if he's in the dail he moves up a notch.

Advertisement