Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm looking for house to rent

Options
  • 06-02-2009 11:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

Small family is looking for house to rent up to 20 km from Galway. It has to be new or "almost new" and in VERY GOOD CONDITION (after refurbish, with new furniture). 2-3 bedrooms bungalow with garage and garden in quite area, would be the best for us :) Rent up to 650 euro monthly.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Did you look in Advertiser and Daft?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Happy Monday

I have a house in Athenry.

3 bedroomed house, almost new, new furniture and ready to rent.

I would want to maintain access to the box room only.

How big is your family - are you working - are you Irish citizens or foreign etc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Polka

biko Of course I did :) Many phones, viewings and still nothing. All the houses I've seen were in really bad conditions, old modern with dirty, dampness walls and old funiture. I just don't understand why landlords doesn't care about their houses ??? It's really difficult to find something nice and clean around...

Happy Monday just me, my husband and our baby... we're not irish...what's the "box room"??? Because of baby I need some house with no stairs inside...is it bungalow?

Polka wrote: »
    Happy Monday just me, my husband and our baby... we're not irish...what's the "box room"??? Because of baby I need some house with no stairs inside...is it bungalow?

Not a bungalow - it's a 3 bed semi detached house.
    It has upstairs and downstairs.
    But you would have the house to yourselves.
    It hasn't been rented before so is in very good condition.
    Plus it has a full tank of heating oil ready to be used.
    I will send photos to you if you wish and you can come back to me.
    The house is in a quiet housing estate in Athenry.

• Advertisement

Happy Monday Thanks for Your offer :), but I need house with all bedrooms on one level, no stairs...cause my baby is still very small and I have enough to go "up and down, up and down" during his sleeping ;)

Happy Monday Thanks for Your offer :), but I need house with all bedrooms on one level, no stairs...cause my baby is still very small and I have enough to go "up and down, up and down" during his sleeping ;)

OK - cheers - best of luck in your search. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,959 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Take a look around: do you see many (any?) houses in Ireland that are all on one level? Of the one-storey ones that there are, how many do you think are put aside for old and disabled people?

Unless you've got a disability, how hard is it to walk up a flight of stairs?

And do you really think that a landlord will want to see new furniture destroyed by a small child? (Your baby may be small now, but give it 6-9 months and he'll be smearing food all over the place).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

It may be harder to find a bungalow than a landlord willing to rent, tbh.

I'd say there's plenty of desperate landlords out there, some with new furniture. And I can't blame someone with a baby not wanting old, bacterial and dandruff infested, broken furniture.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 canadiantz

I live in a three bedroom house, with new furniture, and I have a 2.5 year old boy that knows better than to wipe food all over the place. (its called parenting) Just Mary, were you having a bad day when you wrote this, or are you always like that?
    I can't see a problem with someone asking for what suits their needs when they are the ones paying the rent.
    I'm sure your a smart person, and if you had a good look around you could find a ONE LEVEL HOUSE IN IRELAND.....

relax, relax, relax, what is your problem.
    JustMary wrote: »
    Take a look around: do you see many (any?) houses in Ireland that are all on one level? Of the one-storey ones that there are, how many do you think are put aside for old and disabled people?

Unless you've got a disability, how hard is it to walk up a flight of stairs?

And do you really think that a landlord will want to see new furniture destroyed by a small child? (Your baby may be small now, but give it 6-9 months and he'll be smearing food all over the place).

• Advertisement

JustMary it wasn't nice ...

All I want is a nice and clean one storey house, as I said it doesn't has to be new, it might be after refurbish, but with good furniture - not after 20 careless teenants...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Happy Monday there should be tons of bungelows for rent within 20 km of Galway. Especially out the country its a renters market at the moment.

While you are waiting to find one here's a topical little nursery rhyme to sing to your child.

Mary, Mary, quite contrary,
    How does your garden grow?
    With silver bells, and cockle shells,
    And pretty maids all in a row. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

itt: women bitching at each other

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭pseudonym1

There seems to be a couple of vacant houses in Barna - however I think for what you are looking for you will be expected to pay more than 650 - or was that per person?

mikom wrote: »
    Happy Monday there should be tons of bungelows for rent within 20 km of Galway. Especially out the country its a renters market at the moment.

While you are waiting to find one here's a topical little nursery rhyme to sing to your child.

Mary, Mary, quite contrary,
    How does your garden grow?
    With silver bells, and cockle shells,
    And pretty maids all in a row. ;)

Mikom - I am not Mary if that's the insinuation - in fact I am male.
    You were upset when I reported that disgusting photo you put up last night.
    Seriously mate you'd really want to wake up to yourself and get a life!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Sorry to have upset you Happy Monday.
    The nursery rhyme was a veiled attempt at getting Justmary to calm down.
    It was not aimed at you in the slightest.

mikom wrote: »
    Sorry to have upset you Happy Monday.
    The nursery rhyme was a veiled attempt at getting Justmary to calm down.
    It was not aimed at you in the slightest.

Cheers Mikom - no harm done - best of luck in the future. :)

Cheers Mikom - no harm done - best of luck in the future. :)
    i thought you were a woman.

DRakE wrote: »
    i thought you were a woman.

For the hard of hearing Happy Monday is not Mary....

Mikom confused this and has apologised.

I was just trying to let the original poster know about my house which is available for renting. :pac:

For the hard of hearing Happy Monday is not Mary....

Mikom confused this and has apologised.

I was just trying to let the original poster know about my house which is available for renting. :pac:

i thought you were a woman because of the content of your posts, no other reason

• Advertisement

JustMary it wasn't nice ...

All I want is a nice and clean one storey house, as I said it doesn't has to be new, it might be after refurbish, but with good furniture - not after 20 careless teenants...

You said, and I quote with some bolding to help you see, "and in VERY GOOD CONDITION (after refurbish, with new furniture)."

I am a landlord. There is no way that I would rent a house with NEW furniture to a group that included young (less than 3 years) children, or cats or dogs for that matter.

Feel free to walk through any street in any town, count the number of houses, and the number that are single-story.

You want (are able) to pay a fairly low rental. Fair enough, but this means you've not got a lot of scope to be fussy/lazy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 canadiantz

So, you are always like that.

I feel sorry for the people who rent out your place. ha ha ha

good luck.

You said, and I quote with some bolding to help you see, "and in VERY GOOD CONDITION (after refurbish, with new furniture)."

I am a landlord. There is no way that I would rent a house with NEW furniture to a group that included young (less than 3 years) children, or cats or dogs for that matter.

Feel free to walk through any street in any town, count the number of houses, and the number that are single-story.

You want (are able) to pay a fairly low rental. Fair enough, but this means you've not got a lot of scope to be fussy/lazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

With 300,000 empties in the country, rents & selling prices in freefall, emigration and rising unemployment it won't be renters who will have to stop being 'fussy' any time soon...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

That makes very little sense. Who is more likely to look after a property better than a family with a young child? You are a very lucky landlord if you can afford to be so fussy about who you will let property to in the current climate.

JustMary You are so funny :D

BTW... I know myself, I'm a good mother (my baby knows where he eats and where he plays), a good housewife and a clean woman... that's why I'm not gonna renting a dirty and old house...

I'm really sorry for You, You don't like kids and animals...You must be really lonely...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Personally, if I'm going to be renting a furnished dwelling, I refuse to pay for furniture that is more than 5 years old.

That's personal preference, and it's one I'm able to indulge these days.

If I had a baby you better believe I'd make sure we weren't living in some mildew infested hell hole.

JustMary You are so funny :D

BTW... I know myself, I'm a good mother (my baby knows where he eats and where he plays), a good housewife and a clean woman... that's why I'm not gonna renting a dirty and old house...

I'm really sorry for You, You don't like kids and animals...You must be really lonely...

Polka - Remember - if you have no luck in finding that bungalow I have just the house you want - 2 double bedrooms - new (yes new!) furniture - television - full tank of oil - garden in the back - EUR650 per month.

Plus you will have the house to yourself - I will not be living there. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Right, any more snides and it's a ban. That goes for everyone.

Polka - Remember - if you have no luck in finding that bungalow I have just the house you want - 2 double bedrooms - new (yes new!) furniture - television - full tank of oil - garden in the back - EUR650 per month.

Plus you will have the house to yourself - I will not be living there. :)

Plus I will put in a child gate at the top and bottom of the stairs which I have been given by brothers and sister.

This will keep your child nice and safe.

Can't say better than all of this! :)

• Advertisement

cornbb wrote: »
    That makes very little sense. Who is more likely to look after a property better than a family with a young child? You are a very lucky landlord if you can afford to be so fussy about who you will let property to in the current climate.

You've obviously never been around young children. No matter how good a parent someone is, it's not possible to stop babies projectile vomiting, or young toddler's throwing food, or young children drawing "pictures" on the wallpaper. (The latter you might stop from happening a 2nd time, but the damage is done the first time.)

My property isn't in Ireland, though is in a country where there is a property slow-down. Re-tenanted last month, several good candidates applied, the successful ones happily signed a 12 month lease, and are paying a slightly higher rent than the last ones were. The evidence suggests I'm doing things right.

For what it's worth, we rent houses unfurnished. Tenants are expected to have enough initiative to own their own furniture. And because of this I'd wager that most furniture in use is a good deal more than five year's old: I cannot imagine anything more wasteful than throwing things away just because they're not brand new. I chuckle when I hear Irish people talk distainfully about buying "2nd-hand houses", this is what most of the world does, and what most of you will be doing from now on!

Advertisement