Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

warne mounts

Options
  • 06-02-2009 11:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭

well lads
    i was just wondering if anyone else has had problems with these mounts,they are "warne tactical mounts"

i got back from a stalking trip to wicklow yesterday ,
    while cleaning my rifle i noticed a screw missing from my rear mount ,
    not a major problem cos there is 5 screws holding it on.so i decided to check the rest when i checked the large nut on the side it just sheared of in my hand under finger pressure only:eek:!!!now the mount is useless and its only a year old

have to get a new set now and re-zero and only 3 weeks left of the season (what a thing to happen in the middle of a recession)

dealer reckons the company might do something for me but we will have to wait and see

ian

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭kerryman12

I had trouble with mine but it was a different issue, it was over torqued during install by dealer. Got them replaced under warrenty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Tikkat3

Hi Ian,

I use the same ones and have no problems thankfully but I used a torque wrench to set them at the manufacturers stated tightness.

Drop Warne an email and I am sure they will get you sorted as it shouldnt have happened unless you put excessive presure on when tightening.

If you dont already have one, a torque wrech or screw driver is worth while investment for use on your shooting equipment.

Hope you get sorted though :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

try john lambert he might have a sh set there .he keeps a lot of warne mounts there

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭ianoo

thanks lads
    called in to my dealer today ,he gave me another set on loan while we send the broken ones back ,fair play to him....said there should be no issue in getting them replaced
    so i'm out to re-zero in the morning then its back to bussiness as usual ....

ian

Advertisement