Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bundesliga Matchday 19

• 06-02-2009 11:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭

Right, seeing as there was a fair amount of activity in the other thread, here is a thread for discussing all of this weekends Bundesliga action.

Fixtures:
    Friday 6th- Arminia Bielefeld 1 - 1 Hertha BSC

Saturday 7th- Schalke 04 - Werder Bremen
    Karlsruhe - Hamburg
    Bayer Leverkusen - VfB Stuttgart
    'Gladbach - Hoffenheim
    Frankfurt - Köln
    Wolfsburg - Bochum

Sunday 8th - Cottbus - Hannover
    Bayern - Dortmund

A lot of big matches this weekend. Hertha missed their chance to go top tonight, so Hoffenheim can go at least 3 points clear if they win tomorrow. If they lose, however, Bayern can go level on points with them by winning on Sunday. Hamburg could go a point clear if they win tomorrow and Hoffenheim lose.
    Also, wins for Stuttgart, Dortmund or Bayer Leverkusen would see them right back in the mix.
    The Bayer 04 - Stuttgart match tomorrow should be a cracker. :cool:

edit: Mods could merge the other thread in here if necessary

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,169 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Ooh cool a Bundesliga thread. I have to say I haven't been following the league this year as much as I'd like. I spent a year studying in Cologne and fell in love with the place, and their football team. Went over to see the game against Cottbus earlier in the year. I don't have Setanta so don't really get to watch the games, haven't managed to catch too many of the highlights shows either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭thusspakeblixa

Ooh cool a Bundesliga thread. I have to say I haven't been following the league this year as much as I'd like. I spent a year studying in Cologne and fell in love with the place, and their football team. Went over to see the game against Cottbus earlier in the year. I don't have Setanta so don't really get to watch the games, haven't managed to catch too many of the highlights shows either.
    I'd say Koln will survive. Just.
    You can usually get the highlights on bundesliga.de during the week, and there are plenty of live feeds about

• Closed Accounts Posts: 367 ✭✭anladmór

Arminia Bielefeld 1 - 1 Hertha BSC

Saturday 7th
    Schalke 04 - Werder Bremen A
    Karlsruhe - Hamburg A
    Bayer Leverkusen - VfB Stuttgart D
    'Gladbach - Hoffenheim H
    Frankfurt - Köln A
    Wolfsburg - Bochum H

Sunday 8th -
    Cottbus - Hannover A
    Bayern - Dortmund H

any chance for a stream for the hoffenheim game, and hopefully 2moros game will be on setanta

anladmór wrote: »
    Arminia Bielefeld 1 - 1 Hertha BSC

Saturday 7th
    Karlsruhe - Hamburg A
    'Gladbach - Hoffenheim H
    Frankfurt - Köln A
    Wolfsburg - Bochum H

Sunday 8th -
    Cottbus - Hannover A
    Bayern - Dortmund H

any chance for a stream for the hoffenheim game, and hopefully 2moros game will be on setanta
    I haven't found any streams apart from the one for Schalke - Bremen. I think it will be on Setanta 2 tomorrow.

Saturday 7th
    Karlsruhe - Hamburg A
    'Gladbach - Hoffenheim A
    Frankfurt - Köln D
    Wolfsburg - Bochum H

Sunday 8th -
    Cottbus - Hannover A
    Bayern - Dortmund D

Found a live match ticker for all matches. It's in German but it's noit too hard to decipher.
    http://www.bundesliga.de/de/
    Click on live ticker just above the results.
    2 - 1 to Stuttgart! :eek:
    Schalke v Bremen is on Setanta at 6 (delayed) if anyone wants to watch.

• Advertisement

Final results-
    Schalke 1 - 0 Werder
    Karlsruhe 3 - 2 Hamburg
    Leverkusen 2 - 4 Stuttgart
    Gladbach 1 - 1 Hoffenheim
    Frankfurt 2 - 2 Koln
    Wolfsburg 2 - 0 Bochum

Great result for Stuttgart. Gomez scored two, Hitzlsperger 1 and an OG from Sinkiewicz. Hopefully I'll get highlights later on.

Hoffenheim are 2 points ahead of Hertha after Hamburg failed to win. Bayern could move to second if they beat Dortmund tomorrow.

Stuttgart up to 6th, only 2 ponts off Leverkusen now. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,169 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Not a bad point for Köln. If Novakovic got injured they'd be royally screwed. Then again him and Podolski next season together could be tasty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Found a live match ticker for all matches. It's in German but it's noit too hard to decipher.
    http://www.bundesliga.de/de/
    Click on live ticker just above the results.
    2 - 1 to Stuttgart! :eek:
    Schalke v Bremen is on Setanta at 6 (delayed) if anyone wants to watch.

or one could just hit the English button at the top of the page !:)

EDIT: Actually hit the English button and the ticker disappears !

both schalke and werder bremen are having horrible seasons.

Not a bad point for Köln. If Novakovic got injured they'd be royally screwed. Then again him and Podolski next season together could be tasty.
    I'm really hoping that Podolski gets back to his best next season, even for the sake of the national side.
    anladmór wrote: »
    both schalke and werder bremen are having horrible seasons.
    True. This season is strange in that two of the traditional "big sides" have fallen away while Hoffenheim have come from nowhere and Hertha have really improved too.
    I'm now backing Stuttgart for a European spot. Unbeaten under Markus Babbel!
    I'm thinking that Hoffenheim are showing signs of slipping up. It all hinges on Bayern v Dortmund tomorrow but I'd say either Hamburg, Bayern or Hertha to win the league. Most likely Hertha I think.
    BUT Hamburg need to find a way of replacing De Jong.

• Advertisement

Bayern Munich v Dortmund live at 4 on Setanta

nice. actually excited for this match. hopefully ribery can put in a great performance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Actually lads, if anyone who watches alot of Bundesliga could give me some details on how the young Henrique has faired at the heart of Bayer's defense it'd be much appreciated. What kind of defender is he? Strong no nonsense or intelligent finesse? A leader or not? etc...

eZe^ wrote: »
    Actually lads, if anyone who watches alot of Bundesliga could give me some details on how the young Henrique has faired at the heart of Bayer's defense it'd be much appreciated. What kind of defender is he? Strong no nonsense or intelligent finesse? A leader or not? etc...
    Haven't seen a lot of him tbh (Stuttgart fan) but he's been solid enough in the matches I've seen him in. 18 appearances this season but I've heard he was shocking yesterday against us. :D
    Tbh he's doing well to be in that defence with Friedrich, Sarpei and Haggui. Leverkusen is a really good club for him to be at as he could learn a lot from one of the most consistent defenders in Germany - Manuel Friedrich.

2-1 bayern...KLOSE!!!!

kringe missed a couple of great chances. bayern goin second.

finished 3-1, klose with two.

Bayern Munich up against Hertha next.

Missed the match... was it any good?
    Bayern only a point off Hoffenheim now...
    edit: I see Cottbus beat Hannover 3 - 1 too. That's a great result for them as it takes them out of the relegation spots.

Advertisement