Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GPS question

Options
  • 07-02-2009 12:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭

HI all, I just have a basic question about learning to use a GPS. I'm currently self learning navigation at the moment hope to do a course on it later. I recently got a Garmin Summit HC, which I'm only learning to use. I used it once on a night run in Jan and it worked treat, but I had the waypoints programmed in for me.

I just wondering has anyone any advice on books or website so that I get the most out of using it; or is it a case of just getting out and learning by mistakes.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Esroh

Trial and error best way after reading instructions ;-D also check out Hillwalkers Assocciation of Ireland (sorry not have website)as they run courses. But would say do the Nav course asap as it most mportant. Gps should really only back it up

Advertisement