Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Eddie Vedder / Pearl Jam thread

Options
  • 07-02-2009 4:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭

A dedicated thread for all things Pearl Jam (Cant believe boards is on the go 10 years and there isn't a Pearl Jam thread up here!)

pearl_jam.jpg

To kick it off Black at Pinkpop 1992!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

Best band in the world. At least, by and far my favourite band in the world. Spent an absolute fortune following them over the last few years, definitely been worth it though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,391 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Absolutely unbelievable band. Just gotta love them. Hopefully will see them more often now when they next come back on the road. I always think my best memory of this band will be this:

Dear God, best day at a festival I've ever been to, and this was at the very end of it. Pearl Jam+Josh homme+Baba O' Riley=many many happy people.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭tinofapples

My Favourites too ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Feelgood

Creature wrote: »
    Make me fries.

:)

Fecking brilliant :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Great find dude..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭davylee

bought 4 of their early 10 vs no code and vitoligy. just amazing. not crazy about much i've heard since though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Doozie

Was in Whelans last week and had to leave when I realised no one knew the words to 'Jeremy'...felt so old I went home in a huff:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭dimejinky99

pearl jam are my boys..nobody comes near them..seen em 21 times in 6 different countries. just the best.

if anyone wants a copy of their 95 asia/australia tour film which is banned to bits & completely brilliant, pm me..every Pj fan should see this, it's brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Feelgood wrote: »
    (Cant believe boards is on the go 10 years and there isn't a Pearl Jam thread up here!)

You'd have better luck on Rock & Metal. Try this thread, and more recently this one about the Ten reissue. Eddie Vedder thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭tech77

Feelgood wrote: »
    A dedicated thread for all things Pearl Jam (Cant believe boards is on the go 10 years and there isn't a Pearl Jam thread up here!)

pearl_jam.jpg

To kick it off Black at Pinkpop 1992!

I started a whole THREAD about the greatness that is "Black" a while ago because i love the song so much :) -is that any good.

They certainly don't make bands like PJ any more though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭thebigcheese22

tech77 wrote: »
    They certainly don't make bands like PJ any more though.

Very true...which is why I'm so glad they're still around!

Tis awful tho, I'm 19 and none of my friends listen nor like PJ - its not fashionable :confused:
    They'd much rather listen to Snow Patrol or whatever passes as 'Rock' in this MTV controlled world :mad:

Josh Homme and PJ together must have been sex tho :eek:

Anyways, new PJ album in the summer! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Feelgood

Heres one of my favorites.

Eddie with the remaining members of The Doors singing Roadhouse Blues!.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,391 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Very true...which is why I'm so glad they're still around!

Tis awful tho, I'm 19 and none of my friends listen nor like PJ - its not fashionable :confused:
    They'd much rather listen to Snow Patrol or whatever passes as 'Rock' in this MTV controlled world :mad:

Josh Homme and PJ together must have been sex tho :eek:

Anyways, new PJ album in the summer! :D

Yeah, same could be said for a lot of my friends, and they'd be the ones I see more often. But hey, I always put them on, until they realise how much they are missing about pure brilliance in music, without having to be over the top guitar-w******, or amazingly high-pitched singing. Just pure perfection.

And yes, it was THE sex. That video doesn't have the story before hand. Eddie talks to the crowd, saying "You guys, you know Josh Homme?" Cue massive roars! "Well, eh, if he ever offers you a pill...don't take it...well, just take half!".

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Yeah I fücking love Pearl Jam, they're awesome. Props!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

I've lost touch with Pearl Jam (Yield was the last album of theirs I got) but Mirror Ball, the album where they played back up to Neil Young, gets plenty of spins round here. Absolutely perfect album.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭cautioner

Love Ten, Vitalogy and Yield, newest one didn't really do it for me though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

John wrote: »
    I've lost touch with Pearl Jam (Yield was the last album of theirs I got) but Mirror Ball, the album where they played back up to Neil Young, gets plenty of spins round here. Absolutely perfect album.

Man, I really don't like Mirror Ball. And I like Neil Young and Pearl Jam. There's one good song on it, I think, a very short one near the end. You might consider getting Pearl Jam and maybe Lost Dogs (depending on whether you have rarities from elsewhere - it's a mixed bag anyway), can't really recommend the albums in between though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

I've been meaning to get Lost Dogs as I don't have any of the singles bar the Merkin Ball 7" with the tracks that weren't allowed on Mirror Ball. I'll check it out.

As for Mirror Ball, the first song and "I'm the Ocean" are two of the best songs Young has done IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Heh, I do remember I'm the Ocean being one of the better tracks.

Lost Dogs...like I say, it's a mixed bag. Some great stuff. Some awful stuff. But you and I will probably disagree on which is which. :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 616 ✭✭✭pearljamfan

i have to post!! i love pearl jam cant wait for the Ten reissue boxset to come out in march..!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭tech77

Just listening to Release Me and Garden again there.
    Vedder has to have the most emotion-laden voice in rock.
    Terribly under-rated- he never seems to get the praise he deserves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭loveissucide

Ten is arguably the best hard rock record ever made.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,016 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Proper old school and one of my favourite songs ever with two of my favourite vocalists ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjNjJR9jUGo

• Registered Users Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭TelePaul

Guys you gotta check out the soundtack to the film 'Into the Wild'. It's all performed by Eddie Vedder and has some incredible tunes written by him and a couple of others. Fantastic production IMO, imagine Pearl Jam with banjos!

Absolutely can't wait for this album Backspacer, it's so friggin hard :(

cautioner wrote: »
    Love Ten, Vitalogy and Yield, newest one didn't really do it for me though.

Make that newer one my friend, Backspacer is promising to be epic :D

Advertisement