Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CAN WE DO IT A NEW POLITICAL PARTY

Options
  • 07-02-2009 4:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

no

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 category

What is this, the VDBSC (Vaguely Disgruntled But Strangely Confident) party?

Or to put it in a less patronising way - what is the point? What are your goals? Have you looked at the existing opposition parties to see whether their policies suit your outlook? If so, where were they different?

If you really have something to say, you are going to need to set out your wares (metaphorically speaking) so people can decide whether they are of like mind. Starting a new party "just because" will not work.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

you are in the public service with a guaranteed job with people being unemployed left right and centre and bitching about losing 55 a week.

Boo hoo.

I for one won't be joining your party, I've seen how the civil service works and you'll want to bloat the wages of the civil service- let me know how that works out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

Your ballroom days are over, baby
    Night is drawing near
    Shadows of the evening crawl across the years
    Ya walk across the floor with a flower in your hand
    Trying to tell me no one understands
    Trade in your hours for a handful dimes
    Gonna make it, baby, in our prime

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

i don't see what's idiotic about cutting your wages.
    I do think it's incredibly idiotic to try to start a new agendaless political party just because you got aslight reduction in income. Or maybe it's just incredibly childish. Actually, when I think about it, it's both incredibly idiotic and incredibly childish.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Lplated

Brilliant idea - i'd like to sign up and make a huge donation.

The country is already run and managed by the civil and public service (the permanent government), so why not elect them to the dail directly?

I'll only sign up if the first plank in the new party's policy involves reversing the ridiculous, unfair, inequitable measures announced last week - who ever heard of people having to pay for their own pensions? Absolute rubbish in my opinion.

I also think this party should immediately seek legislation to require non public servants to cover the mortgages, foreign holidays and cars of public servants - we're public servants for gods sakes - why should we have to pay for anything.

• Advertisement
Advertisement