Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tattoo

Options
  • 07-02-2009 5:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭Skyuser

What image?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

A House tattoo hmmm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

best advice, would be to bring your design to a few studios , have a chat with them about the design look at there portfoilo ... and choose the place your most happiest with ... we can give advice but at the end of the day its your body and your choice that will matter

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Pretty much any decent tattoo artist could do that for you. I wouldn't expect them to get too enthused about the idea though with something so straight forward, so don't judge their standard by their reaction!!!

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Why not ask the tattoo place for a price? You do realise that those tats are really common and worn by every emo and there mothers?

FX Meister wrote: »
    Why not ask the tattoo place for a price? You do realise that those tats are really common and worn by every emo and there mothers?
    So what if they are? He's not tattooing them on you, so please reserve judgement on what other people would like done.

I'm not judging him Damo, just letting him know my opinion. Would you rather we all had the same opinion? Don't judge me.

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Fiii

just letting him know my opinion.

He didn't ask for it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭-lala-

Don't judge me.

Don't think Damo was judging you, just making a very valid point...

I'm not judging him Damo, just letting him know my opinion. Would you rather we all had the same opinion? Don't judge me.

As Fiii said, the poster did not ask for peoples opinions on the design that he wanted done, they wanted advice on where might be best to get it done, and how much it might cost.

Criticising someone elses tattoos or tattoo ideas is not something that we condone or allow. Read the charter. This was a friendly warning. We won't be so lenient next time.

Fiii wrote: »
    He didn't ask for it.
    He doesn't have to.

-lala- wrote: »
    Don't think Damo was judging you, just making a very valid point...
    Yeah, he was.

He doesn't have to.

I think you'll find he does actually. As Damo said, read the charter.
    You are ofcourse entitled to your own opinion, but the OP didn't ask for it, so unless he does so, keep it to yourself.
    This is a welcoming, non judgemental place, we want to keep it that way.
    End of really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭ebmma

shaved arms? :eek:

Yeah, he was.

No I wasn't. However if you wish to continue arguing you will find yourself on the end of a two week ban

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭hot2def

in fairness, this forum is all for unsolicited opinions on tattoos when they are positive aren't we?

I understand that we have to follow the charter, but...

Whilst Fx Meister's comment was a little harsh, its also true.

Now, I am a big fan of "get the tattoo you actually want, not what is the most original thing you can think of", and I have stars myself. But at the same time if you are going to get them , you should probably bear in mind that you might see a very similar design multiple times a day on other people during the summer.

If you can't handle someone on the inter net telling you that its a common design, good luck dealing with people pointing it out in person. and they will.

edit
    also, wile we are speaking about the charter, OP also contravened it - by asking where to get tattoo and how much it would cost

hot2def wrote: »
    also, wile we are speaking about the charter, OP also contravened it - by asking where to get tattoo and how much it would cost
    Try not to slag off other peoples tattoos or piercings. Constructive criticism is ok, but anything derogatory is not acceptable.
    Threads asking "Does it hurt to get X pierced/tattooed", "Where/what should I get a tattoo of", "How much is it to get X pierced/tattooed" are frowned upon, and will get locked or moved. There are existing threads which cover these topics, which you can read to get the required information, or to seek advice. If you have a solid idea and are trying to finalize everything, then people will be more than willing to help.
    I was bearing threads like this in mind when I wrote the charter so please do not try to throw it back in my face.

I'm sure the OP is aware that stars are common, but it's what they want done. I know dragons are common but I still got mine done.

I hate the two-facedness of people saying that people should get what they want done, and that they shouldn't let others opinions put them off, then judging them if they have the gall to want something that is common or popular. This is not a contest to see who is the most unique and only the unique people are allowed input. The OP knows what they want, and asked for a recommendation. They did not ask for reasons against getting it or what people thought of it.
    [/rant]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭riff-raff

Now, I am a big fan of "get the tattoo you actually want, not what is the most original thing you can think of", and I have stars myself. But at the same time if you are going to get them , you should probably bear in mind that you might see a very similar design multiple times a day on other people during the summer.

If you can't handle someone on the inter net telling you that its a common design, good luck dealing with people pointing it out in person. and they will.
    Have to agree brought one of the girls down to get tat artist expressed his concerns at the amount of peps who got stars and advised her not to get them because it reminded him of the time everybodies gots DOLPHINS and unicorns..ah well the joys of being an individual...:rolleyes:

Next person posting off the topic will get an infraction.

If you guys want to discuss the merits of getting tattoos that are common vs those that are unique, open a new thread instead of derailing this one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭riff-raff

Next person posting off the topic will get an infraction.

If you guys want to discuss the merits of getting tattoos that are common vs those that are unique, open a new thread instead of derailing this one.
    Point noted .. just offering advice based on what I have discused with a number of tat artists and what they would recommend ...but I think the subject is about where to get the best tats and thats a personal choice based on your idea of an artist work and shop around and discuss your ideas with them and dont rush in to it ...
    spent the last 6 months getting one of the other girls tats fixed because the artists in question made a haims of them the ones behind both ears and the star on her back which is out of alignment
    :)

Fiii wrote: »
    I think you'll find he does actually. As Damo said, read the charter.
    You are ofcourse entitled to your own opinion, but the OP didn't ask for it, so unless he does so, keep it to yourself.
    This is a welcoming, non judgemental place, we want to keep it that way.
    End of really.

Cool, well keep your opinions to yourself and quit butting in.

in fairness, this forum is all for unsolicited opinions on tattoos when they are positive aren't we?

I understand that we have to follow the charter, but...

Whilst Fx Meister's comment was a little harsh, its also true.

edit

That's what I was getting at. Make sure you are happy with it and the fact that it's a fairly popular choice. I know I'd hate to have something that common myself, be it stars, tribal stuff or chinese lettering.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Molberts

No need for the 'tude tbh :rolleyes:

OP, I believe one of the artists in Colourworks has a bit of a thing for stars, maybe check them out? Theyre above flip in temple bar.

Pot.Kettle.Black :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
    Sorry Damo, I know it's off topic, I just find it how funny how IRONIC his post was.

Phuqer, as Damo said, any artist worth their salt should be able to do a good job with this. Just pop into some studios, have a chat with the artists, and see where you feel more comfortable :)
    And be sure to come back and let us see when it's done!

FX Meister banned for two weeks. Don't push me.

You've nothing to be sorry about/for.
    Best of luck getting it done, and don't forget to pop back and show us the result. :)

• Advertisement

Advertisement