Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just setting cracks or something more serious?

Options
  • 07-02-2009 10:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi All,
    I'm in a 2year old property and seeing some large cracks in the plaster walls, tiles coming away from the wall in the onsuite and majority of doors / frames are cracking or warped and don't close correctly.
    Some of the more noticeable cracks are on both sides of doorways and can even see daylight through these cracks.

Also got approx 6foot hairline crack on the pebble dash end gabble wall.

Attached is a links to some photo's so what's your thoughts are these normal or should I be worried about these?

http://www.cig.canon-europe.com/a?i=9omMbz1pp7

Thx

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I'm not an expert but I do know from talking to engineers that warped door frames and doors not closing properly can be a sign of subsidence. When we built our house the ground wasn't great so we had to have steel pilings under it in order to be sure this wouldn't happen.
    If I were you I'd get an engineer in to look at it.

Advertisement