Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pension Problem

Options
  • 07-02-2009 11:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Hi,
    got a problem. worked in uk in early 90's for over four years,was in company pension scheme. company closed since,but pension people send me info every year. my pension was contracted out. recieved info yesterday from same advising me to get out of contracted out scheme and join uk gov. scheme. my question and would be grateful if someone could enlighten me is ,when i reach pension age and draw pension here , can i also get my few bob from uk. thank again :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭Scuba_Scoper

Not an expert in this area but anecdotaly...

My mother worked in the UK in the '60s but moved back to Ireland in 1967. She turned 65 last year and shortly afterwards started receiving a small pension from HM Government.

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭broker2008

Have a look at this standard life guide: http://tinyurl.com/cr8ojq

I would recommend that you weigh up the pros and cons and perhaps go to a professional for advice.

Advertisement