Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fanless PSUs

Options
  • 07-02-2009 12:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭

I'm just wondering if anyone has used and can recommend any fanless or really quiet PSUs.

I've been looking at a few and have been steering towards the Silverstone Nightjar (st45nf). Any help would be great.

I'd need something in or around the 400-500w range.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭DanGerMus

Antec do sommething. Phantom i think. Depends on what you're running how much you're willing to spend nightjar is suposed to be good. Only thing is your case will always require a fan or two of some sort. Whats the spec of your machine?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

It's going to be a media server. I've got a dual core duo, mini atx mobo (integrated gfx) and currently 4 HDs (but will go up to 6). I've no optical drives to power. I've got the P180 special advanced case (w/e the hell it's called) so I'd have a 120mm right behind the PSU blowing air over it and out of the enclosure.

Atm, it's quiet enough and my current antec PSU is the only thing that's making any significant noise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

why not just use corsair psu ? The extra cfm the psu helps to pump out will certainly help with the cooling, plus the corsair ones really are whisper quiet and really efficint.

http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=338686

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Cooling isn't really an issue as nothing will be put under any stress. There's also the fact that my case is split into 2 so the air from the psu fan would not get near the mobo. I'll take a look at the corsair though.

Advertisement