Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flush Button Problem

• 07-02-2009 12:26pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭

We have a dual flush button on the top of the cistern in the downstairs toilet (It's a Twyford if that matters). When we flush the toilet, the button springs back up and out of the casing and we keep having to put it back on.
    Is there any way I can secure it or do I need to replace it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭decskelligs

Just started to get the same problem does anyone know what is the best glue/ adhesive to use.

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Sometimes you can get a match for your buttons but its difficult. There is not much profit in it.(about 3 euro ) so shops dont be bothered. The other alternative is to go to somewhere like woodies and buy a new siophan with a button.

If you cannot diy fit this you will need a plumber making the whole job about 120 button.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Bomberman

B and Q stock universal ones....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Bomberman wrote: »
    B and Q stock universal ones....

no such thing....sorry. They might say universal but the fact is there is 4 different types i know of and B&q generally do the threaded type

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Sparkpea

very very hard to get find the same button to buy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭decskelligs

thanks all for the help the problem is now solved and the button has been replaced:)

Advertisement