Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metal Shirts in Dublin

• 07-02-2009 12:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭

Anyone know where you can pick up a few good quality ones? I know Sound Cellar and Sentinel do them but I was wondering if there was anywhere else? ;D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

You mean actual shirts or t-shirts??

There's a place opposite the Badass cafe in temple bar that sells some metal-orientated gear. Also Flip adjacent Central Bank.

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭dimejinky99

try soundcellar bottom of grafton st...

just thinkin the other day, there used to be loadsa rock shops in Dublin..there was one in a basement at the end of moore st..another on westmoreland st where o carrols is now, again in a basement..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

try soundcellar bottom of grafton st...

OP was already aware of it. ;)
    just thinkin the other day, there used to be loadsa rock shops in Dublin..there was one in a basement at the end of moore st..another on westmoreland st where o carrols is now, again in a basement..

The Moore St one I think was either a part of, or next to Dolphin Discs, i remember getting my first Metallica shirt there back in 1990.

The Westmoreland St one was FM Music store, which used to be another hangout for apprentice rockers who couldn't afford the tenner for the proper one with the back print, so ya got the fiver bootleg ones that weren't behind the counter, lol. There's still an FM Music Store in Cork too, although you'll only ever hear pipe music playing out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭rgt320q

You'll find a few in Tower Records, not a great amount though. Scobes and Tommy are usually my first (and typically last) port of call for shirts, anything else get online or at gigs.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭OpenYourEyes

Theres a place just opposite Leo Burdocks,on the street between abbey street and the haypenny bridge,i think its called "Chaotic", or something along those lines. similar stock to the place across from the bad ass cafe that was already mentioned.

Where's Sentinel? Doesnt sound familiar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

Theres a place just opposite Leo Burdocks,on the street between abbey street and the haypenny bridge,i think its called "Chaotic", or something along those lines. similar stock to the place across from the bad ass cafe that was already mentioned.

Where's Sentinel? Doesnt sound familiar.

I think Sentinel was mentioned by another poster but indirectly. It's in the basement of a shop (Called Flip it must be) that's across from the Bank next to the kebab place. They've got alot of shirts down there, new and secondhand. I bought a secondhand Anthrax shirt for €6 since I'm a jew. ;D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

What about Asha ? Been years since I was shopping for metal shirts in Dublin, but that place did all of the big bands.

What about Asha ? Been years since I was shopping for metal shirts in Dublin, but that place did all of the big bands.

Asha - The number 1 place for emo clothing nowadays. :D

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    Asha - The number 1 place for emo clothing nowadays. :D

Exactly, not to mention the stuff they do have is ridiculously overpriced.

Exactly, not to mention the stuff they do have is ridiculously overpriced.

You sure i can't interest you in a €260 euro pair of New Rocks? You mean you can get em online for a lot less?! Ok, suit yourself then, thank you come again!

• Advertisement

You sure i can't interest you in a €260 euro pair of New Rocks? You mean you can get em online for a lot less?! Ok, suit yourself then, thank you come again!

The shop always made me laugh in the first place, from the little emo rats wanting to get that €50 MCR hoodie to Anto and the boyz coming in and looking at the bleedin' deadly bongs.

The shop always made me laugh in the first place, from the little emo rats wanting to get that €50 MCR hoodie to Anto and the boyz coming in and looking at the bleedin' deadly bongs.

I used to go there in the early 90s before it was emo central to get my skinny jeans (which now have made a comeback in "modern fashion"), of course, back then i could fit into a pair of them! But the place has gone rapidly downhill since then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

Tbh, I've always found Asha had a good collection of stuff (if over-priced).

Try Georges' Street Arcade- there are a lot of shops with metal gear there. Some good jewelery shops too.

Acacia wrote: »
    Tbh, I've always found Asha had a good collection of stuff (if over-priced).

Try Georges' Street Arcade- there are a lot of shops with metal gear there. Some good jewelery shops too.

Haven't looked around there too much so I guess that'll be on the list for the next time I go into town!

Haven't looked around there too much so I guess that'll be on the list for the next time I go into town!

I tend to forget about that place, and it used to be one of the first places I used to head for my clothing years ago. Just steer well clear from Bodystation if you need a piercing though, butchers!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

Website here - :)

http://www.georgesstreetarcade.ie/

It's best to go in and poke around the stalls for awhile.

Also the Temple Bar area (around the Bad Ass Cafe) has a few shops that sell metal stuff too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

The Westmoreland St one was FM Music store, which used to be another hangout for apprentice rockers who couldn't afford the tenner for the proper one with the back print, so ya got the fiver bootleg ones that weren't behind the counter, lol. There's still an FM Music Store in Cork too, although you'll only ever hear pipe music playing out of it.

jesus i remember that place,used to get all the patches for my denim jacket(sleeveless over a biker jacket,hardcore:P) and the cheep mesh baseball caps that made your head all itchy:D

lord lucan wrote: »
    (sleeveless over a biker jacket,hardcore:P)

Harrr, i wore one of those too, I was also one of those who thought he could draw band logos too, out came the permanent markers to ruin the Denim and Parka jackets!!

Man, what a tool... although at the time we really thought we knew what we were doing...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Harrr, i wore one of those too, I was also one of those who thought he could draw band logos too, out came the permanent markers to ruin the Denim and Parka jackets!!

Man, what a tool... although at the time we really thought we knew what we were doing...:rolleyes:

it was all part of the metal "uniform",i had the skin tight black jeans and runner boots and everything:o

i took the biker jacket out of mothballs for a couple of gigs a week ago(sans denim jacket,it's long gone!!) and all the kids kept pointing at me and saying oldschool,otherwise known as look at you you ancient throwback:D

lord lucan wrote: »
    it was all part of the metal "uniform",i had the skin tight black jeans and runner boots and everything:o

i took the biker jacket out of mothballs for a couple of gigs a week ago(sans denim jacket,it's long gone!!) and all the kids kept pointing at me and saying oldschool,otherwise known as look at you you ancient throwback:D

Hah, I still wear the boot runners, actually cant wear normal runners cos they feel weird. Ditched the leathers but wore em right up til i was 29! I did good, lol!

Learned the hard way tho over the years not to wear a plain white shirt tucked into black jeans whilst wearing a biker jacket. Unless you WANT to look like a throwback from Grease!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

The Moore St one I think was either a part of, or next to Dolphin Discs, i remember getting my first Metallica shirt there back in 1990.

Shít snap :D

Ah for the many many faults asha has were else are you going get yer
    startgazer powder.

Thaedydal wrote: »
    Shít snap :D

Metallica - Kill Em All, skull shirt with the guitars for eyes?
    Or the Metal Up Your Ass one?

Advertisement