Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Click tells

Options
  • 07-02-2009 12:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 722 ✭✭✭

Hey there,
    I usually multi table 5/6 tables, and while i do ok mostly, id obviously like to do better. One thing that i find as a weakness in my game is deciphering click tells. Has anyone any advice on this it would be appreciated.
    kind regards
    busted
    ps; i play NLH if thats a help

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭Pulsar Eagle

One thing that i find as a weakness in my game is deciphering click tells.

What is your theory on this so far??? Really interested in what you think, as i purely believe that this is rubbish as if a player is playing more than one table their clicks shouldnt really have tells as he/she will usually click on the first table that is ready to make a move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Macspower

with the current multitabling click tells have lost a bit of their value really... there are some that still swear by them... but only one I really use is an almost time out shove is rarely anything but the nuts..... I do of course call just to prove this theory ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

Yeah especially pre flop, it's pretty much AA always. Also a super quick shove pre is usually AK. But again these aren't altogether reliable and I wouldn't exacly be snapping it off with 22 because he shoved very quickly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,771 ✭✭✭TommyGunne

There are a hell of a lot of click tells. Just pay attention and you'll come across them. Apart from the one tabling fish, the guys that usually have them the worst are the guys playing 4-6 tables and are relatively good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭FeetMagic

TommyGunne wrote: »
    There are a hell of a lot of click tells. Just pay attention and you'll come across them. Apart from the one tabling fish, the guys that usually have them the worst are the guys playing 4-6 tables and are relatively good.

Do tell?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Anytime someone times way down and checks oop they are dying for a free card, bet and they will fold.

Any time they time way down and shove its always the nuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,214 ✭✭✭digiman

Slash/ED wrote: »
    Yeah especially pre flop, it's pretty much AA always. Also a super quick shove pre is usually AK. But again these aren't altogether reliable and I wouldn't exacly be snapping it off with 22 because he shoved very quickly
    mdwexford wrote: »
    Anytime someone times way down and checks oop they are dying for a free card, bet and they will fold.

Any time they time way down and shove its always the nuts.

I would agree with both of these, especially the AK one.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

The main one I use is a quick call on the flop is nearly always some sort of draw or weak made hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭thedini

Ste05 wrote: »
    The main one I use is a quick call on the flop is nearly always some sort of draw or weak made hand.

I usually do this with a monster, what site do you play on ;)

thedini wrote: »
    I usually do this with a monster, what site do you play on ;)
    Thats pretty bad, why don't you think about raising to get AI???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭hotspur

Not using click tells is almost inconceivable to me. It really isn't that tricky. As Steo said one of the most reliable click tells is the insta call on the flop for a draw. Multitablers use check/fold options and if you are insta checked to on the flop then you should be CB'ing more often than board texture might dictate.

The speed with which players act on a turn / river is likely to correlate negatively with how much that card changed the strength of their holding. Most people need to take a couple of seconds to process the new strength of their hands if it changed. Also if people are insta double barreling you when an obvious draw hits the turn you would have to think why aren't they afraid of that card - one of the reasons is that they may have had the draw, but often if they were CB'ing the flop then they aren't afraid because their relative hand strength hasn't changed i.e. they are on a bluff.

In the lower stakes Omaha games I could almost play my hand blind and profit based purely on timing tells.

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭thedini

Thats pretty bad, why don't you think about raising to get AI???
    was only slagging!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 722 ✭✭✭busted flush

Thanks for the response so far guys.Some interesting veiws so far keep them comming.

Ste05's one in particular, then mdwexford's and Slash/ed's AK one in that order of importance. They can be very individual as well though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭RoadSweeper

Not a click tell but, when some one goes all in and and types in chat plz dont call, misclick. Its never a misclick. (Unless some history or leveling)

The reason i don't put alot of credit into long durations between clicks is because of multitabling and other sh1t going on in someone's life, on the other hand quick ones are farrr more reliable, because there's no other explanation normally. They simply pressed the button quickly as soon as the flop/ whatever came down.

The reason i don't put alot of credit into long durations between clicks is because of multitabling and other sh1t going on in someone's life, on the other hand quick ones are farrr more reliable, because there's no other explanation normally. They simply pressed the button quickly as soon as the flop/ whatever came down.

Absolutely. Though it does make it more reliable to know how many tables villain is playing. Not that hard to find out tbh.

Yeah, it's something I do as a matter of course as well. It's a huge amount of info to know if someone is playing 16 tables compared to 4, i.e. if he's playing 16, he's nearly always going to just be playing his hands, and should play really straight forward... raise in position, cbet, move on... etc. etc.

Similarly if someone's only playing 1 or 2 tables, I'd usually peg them as a fish.

Advertisement