Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Portsmouth v Liverpool 17:30 [Game Thread] Setanta Ireland

14567810»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Jesus, that was one of the weirdest games of football I've ever seen.

It was as if the two teams had never played the formations they were playing before. The gaping spaces all over the pitch were rediculous at times.

Fair play to Liverpool though. Two players stood up and were counted for in Torres and Kuyt but my god, Pompey have some serious problems to fix in the back four if they're staying up this season. James looked mightily pissed off at the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

When James posts his next blog article on the Guardian, I'm going to tell him to get the hell out of there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Portsmouth are going down. That defending was just hilarious, utterly hilarious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Strange game . Liverpool looked most likley to score first half and could only guess about
    2nd half outcome . Until Kyut Alsonso and Torres came on ,it didnt look like a 3-2 score could be final result :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Great result. Delighted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

But Houghton takes the biscuit for me. Most Reds from Liverpool think he is a complete so and so too.

I don't want to say too much, but I know someone who has had to deal with Haughton in his line of field. From what he told me he really is a complete jackass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

nuxxx wrote: »
    5 years in charge and beating portmouth with virtually the last kick of the game kinda answers that question :)

This post on page 25 is actually the most idiotic on the thread..

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭jellybaby21

What a game and I am not even a Liverpool or Portsmouth fan!!
    The difference Torres makes to the team is unbelievable. Kuyt was good also.
    3 good goals, 3 valuable points.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

This post on page 25 is actually the most idiotic on the thread..

Get with 40 posts per page please.

Just in now, missed all the action as I was at work. I got a text when we scored the winner but the web was still stuck at 2-2. Best text I have got in a long time.

Edit: Here's to Given conceding another 5 next weekend :) If Torres gets injured again playing for Spain, I am likely to travel to madrid to slap that manager.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

PHB wrote: »
    Portsmouth are going down. That defending was just hilarious, utterly hilarious.

i tend to agree.
    they sold their 2 best players and adams is a novelty manager.

was a very entertaining game bar the comical defending. was very up - down as a pool fan. delighted with the outcome but i think we rode our luck a bit.
    all hail fernando! the new "roy of the rovers" :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,999 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Well yet again Benitez has proven what I've said all along, if Liverpool go behind they become dangerous as he will go for it.

But until that happens he is happy to sit and hope for a winner.

I think his ingame management or lack of it(until the situation is dire) needs to be addressed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

What game were people watching today, I am not part of the we hate Liverpool fans but some of the crap written on here is extremely funny.
    How can anyone claim Liverpool won that game on their own merit, Portsmouth clearly threw that game away by making shocking mistakes at the back, I feel really sorry for Adams, players are to blame for losing today.
    Liverpool did their usual create nothing and hope they might snatch one, they will never in a million years win the league.
    I give full credit to Benitez and his success but his managerial decisions and tactics are extremely baffling.
    Give credit to Torres for coming up with the winner but Liverpool won't get that luck all season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭Racing Flat

How can anyone post a negative comment after this? Other than winning by 5 or 6 and improving goal diff, the outcome was as close to perfect as you get. Got the 3 points. Got to rest players who needed to be rested and got to give players who haven't played much some more game time. Also got to try some new positions and formation, so players got more experience and manager learnt more about the team.

A gamble that was both enforced (obviously tired players, suspension, injured) and calculated (poor opposition, might have been different starting 11 against a stronger side) came off.

Added to that a moral boosting victory, that would have done no harm for team spirit (see Masch after Torres' goal?)

As it's a results based business, the Manager can only get 10 out of 10. The great managers not only make the right decisions but they also are brave enough to make the hard decisions (a lesser manager might have bowed to the pressure, started Xabi and Torres, see them get injured and then blame his bad luck on injuries).

Any Liverpool fan feeling negative after this, must have some kind of negative personality disorder. As for non-Liverpool or non-Pompey fans posting on here that Liverpool only deserved a draw, and going on about it post after post, they must be bitter, spiteful and begrudging as well as negative! Those contributions certainly made the world a better place tonight. We at Boards Soccer should be proud - you have to ask yourself, does Boards Soccer increase people's enjoyment of soccer? I find it hard to see how iconsidering it's generally so negative.

As well as 50 posts to post on here you should have to have a 'glass half empty' tatoo on your head!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

players are to blame for losing today.

Really? the players who play football? they are the ones to blame. inspector gadget eat ur heart out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,999 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Jazzy wrote: »
    Really? the players who play football? they are the ones to blame. inspector gadget eat ur heart out
    Imo you need to grow up and stop taking a quote out of context so you can put up a smart reply. Just to clarify in case you suffer from some sort of blindness, he stated that he would blame the players and not the manager for the performance.

Sometimes its clear that the manager is at fault but in his opinion its not the case here.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭smithy1981

I just seen the highlights and i'm wondering about torres celebration. I couldn't see exactly what he did, but i'm wondering was it a response to nugents sign to the fans?

I know it might have been mentioned already but after readng a few pages of this thread i feel like getting sick. Some of the ****e posted by the usual manu trolls and the idiots who think they're liverpools fans is just horrible. Mods should be ashamed of themselves for leaving this farce go on. Liverpool threads tend to be one of the worst on boards. I'll prob get banned for this, but for all ye trolling ****............. **** OFF

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Are you a real Liverpool fan so?:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

He won't be able to answer that for a week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Deary me, I never signed up to RAWK as its a weird place full of "inbreds" who inhabit a fetid hot-house atmosphere where paranoia is the default state of mind.

Some "superfans" should spend time there and see whats happens when reason is thrown out the window. Its not pretty.

Xavi6 wrote: »
    He won't be able to answer that for a week.

:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

smithy1981 wrote: »
    I'll prob get banned for this...
    I didn't read much of this thread so I don't know if what you said about this thread is true but for future reference; never a good idea to stick the above in a post :pac:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

mike65 wrote: »
    Deary me, I never signed up to RAWK as its a weird place full of "inbreds" who inhabit a fetid hot-house atmosphere where paranoia is the default state of mind.

Some "superfans" should spend time there and see whats happens when reason is thrown out the window. Its not pretty.

RAWK is a strange forum alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Didnt see the game or the highlights but at the end of the day a win is a win.

adox wrote: »
    Didnt see the game or the highlights but at the end of the day a win is a win.

who needs to watch the game when you can read this sh1te interesting thread

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

What a great thread :D

Some of the Liverpool "Fans" on here are an embarassment, at least wait until the match is over before slating the manager and players or else you just look stupid.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Seems as we are all in agreement that Portsmouth are going down and Liverpool are going to win the League,I am going to close this thread now as it has ran its course a few times.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement