Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

broadband in Blackrock/Booterstown

Options
  • 07-02-2009 1:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭

Hi,

just moved to this area and am trying to get broadband + phone, possibly with TV. NTL/UPC can only offer telly+broadband, or else could get one of the Eircom packages but find them quite expensive. I think the vodafone option is out, too. Does someone live in this area with broadband? I can live with 1mb, too, don't really need anything fancy.

many thanks.
    Sf

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,119 ✭✭✭homer911

What exchange are you on? I'm in Stillorgan on the Priory Exchange, basic Phone + 1Mb package from BT. (€39pm?) No noticeable contention on the line - getting downloads of 104KBps, pretty consistent. The occasional disconnect, but not at all bad and quite adequate for my requirements

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭scaryfairy

hi

many thanks - I have no idea which exchange I am on, but might be on the same as you: the place where I live is just off Stillorgan road, behind the Radisson hotel. I've just had my phone reconnected with eircom, but on the phone I was told that the cheapest I can get with eircom is 45euro for phone + broadband - ok, not going to break the bank but would prefer something cheaper.
    btw, how can I find out which exchange I am on?
    thanks again
    sf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭BendiBus

scaryfairy wrote: »
    hi

many thanks - I have no idea which exchange I am on, but might be on the same as you: the place where I live is just off Stillorgan road, behind the Radisson hotel. I've just had my phone reconnected with eircom, but on the phone I was told that the cheapest I can get with eircom is 45euro for phone + broadband - ok, not going to break the bank but would prefer something cheaper.
    btw, how can I find out which exchange I am on?
    thanks again
    sf

Belfield Park? Merrion Woods? UPC triple play is definitely available in Merrion Woods and I can't imagine it's not in Belfield Park.

Seamount. yes, UPC can do broadband + TV, but not landline. I think I might go with UPC broadband + eircom landline, have to give them a ring again.
    thanks for the advice.
    Sf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭BendiBus

scaryfairy wrote: »
    Seamount. yes, UPC can do broadband + TV, but not landline. I think I might go with UPC broadband + eircom landline, have to give them a ring again.
    thanks for the advice.
    Sf

I'd definitely check with UPC again. If they do phone in Merrion Woods I can't see them not doing it in Seamount. It's basically the same development.

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭Magnet: Rory

Magnet are available in Booter and Blackrock.

http://www.magnetentertainment.ie/products/llu/index.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Rebel021

Rorser wrote: »
    Magnet are available in Booter and Blackrock.

http://www.magnetentertainment.ie/products/llu/index.htm

Wow looks good but their a bit expensive :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

Rebel021 wrote: »
    Wow looks good but their a bit expensive :(

You pay for what you get. If you pay less, you'll get either worse service or worse support or both. And UPC are know for very poor support.

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭minotour

Im in Seamount too, have NTL/UPC digital tv and broadband for past few years, no problems, great service, wish i could take it with me.

• Company Representative Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭Magnet: Rory

any resolution/decision on this?

• Advertisement

don't know what's going on: was told by ntl that they cannot provide landline where I live. I mean she did double check the block where I live - could it be that block x has ntl landline but block y doesn't??? anyway, I have sort of ordered eircom broadband (got landline 2 days ago). We placed the order online but didn't get a confirmation so have to call and see whether it's been placed.
    thanks for all the info
    cheers
    sf

Advertisement