Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wrestlers working less stiff?

• 07-02-2009 1:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭

Have WWE told their wrestlers to go softer on their offence? Some recent segments have looked really really poor, particularly Shane destroying Legacy and Matt Hardy beating down Helms. The quality of the offensive work (mostly the punches) was piss poor and I'm half thinking this is a part of WWE's scaling down to a PG rating. It really has looked bad and I was thinking if I myself was a wrestler I sure as hell would want to be hit harder, even in the face than what I'm seeing on TV at the moment. Even Kane who works stiffly and usually destroys people with his punches has held back slightly It's really detracting from the WWE product because it's hard to suspend belief when you see Shane McMahon tickling guys with his punches.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

The reason why Shane looked so bad is because he's not a wrestler and he's not fit

When WWE went to HD they told guys to work more snug, so that it wouldn't look as fake

Have you only seen two examples of this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭AlphaMale 3OO

Yeah two major examples but other isolated incidents here and there. tbh I would consider Shane a wrestler, he's worked often enough in the past to be considered one and Legacy should have allowed him to stiff them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Yeah two major examples but other isolated incidents here and there. tbh I would consider Shane a wrestler, he's worked often enough in the past to be considered one and Legacy should have allowed him to stiff them.

When was the last time Shane wrestled? He's not a wrestler. You can't expect him to go out and perform as good as the guys doing it four nights a week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

why the hell would you allow someone to stiff you :O

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭AlphaMale 3OO

DRakE wrote: »
    why the hell would you allow someone to stiff you :O

Because it looks good and it might have improved that sh1tty angle by making the beatdown look real.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Well they hired Low Ki so they can't be that into the less stiff malarky if it's true

Advertisement