Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

History - Exam Predictions

Options
  • 07-02-2009 1:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

What do you guys think may come up this year,Im thinking of the following possibilities:

Red Book (Earlier Irish) - Parnell,Butt,

Dictatorship and Democracy(Blue Book) - Hitler's Domestic &
    Foreign Policy,Mussolini Domestic and Foreign Policy,The purges
    Sov and Partition (Green Book) - Cumman na Gael and Fianna Fail Economic Policies,Sinn Feinn Victory 1917-18

Any predictions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I've noticed that you all have different coloured books to mine even though they're on the same topics:
    Earlier Irish is Green, Ditatorship and Democracy is Brown as is Sov and Partition and the American one is Blue :confused:

On topic: Parnell and The Montgomery Bus Boycott

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

phasers wrote: »
    I've noticed that you all have different coloured books to mine even though they're on the same topics:
    Earlier Irish is Green, Ditatorship and Democracy is Brown as is Sov and Partition and the American one is Blue :confused:

On topic: Parnell and The Montgomery Bus Boycott
    Don't bank on it. It's the 40th anniversary of the moon landing and plus my teacher claims that the Bus Boycott is more aimed at ordinary level than higher. And you just know they could do the dirt and throw on Vietnam again and surprise us all!

CnG and FF's Economic Policies are a big possibility, as is the rise of Sinn Féin. Learn the key people too, recent papers have included them in questions (Lenin/Stalin and Goebbels/Riefenstahl last year).

Mussolini/Hitler church state relations -Technology of Warfare - Anglo-American Pop Culture during inter war years - Sample Paper Favourites.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,410 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

i have a strange feeling that hitler and the holocaust may come up but thats probably because every teacher ive talked to has said it.

yeah good call Ash. Throw in anti semitism and the steps the Nazis took over the years to discriminate against jews.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭ooPabsoo

economic and social problems in britain during inter-war years has always come up;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭Mario007

redmond, parnell, moon landings, hitler/mussolini rise to power, how did stalin change russian society, 1919 first dail and moon landings(since we have the anniversaries this year)

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Gloom

hitler/mussolini rise to power

If this or France came up, I'd cry with happiness.

Parnell? Eugh.
    Hopefully a Culture question comes up again or something to do with Strike&Lockout.

Come on Sinn Fein 1918! It's probably the only question I liked doing from that section.

ooPabsoo wrote: »
    economic and social problems in britain during inter-war years has always come up;)
    With JM Keynes as key personality. Make sure you have at least 2 paragraphs on him for doing that question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 gregbelvo

Bump

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Killaqueen!!!

DOCUMENT Q: What will they go for: 1st black President or 40th anniversary? :D Dunno, I'm thinking Montgomery Bus Boycott will come up.

Parnell hasn't come up as far as I know. Will be studying the 2/3 chapters on him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭manutd4life

montgomery bus boycott,moon landings

rise of hitler to power,stalins show trials,

economic policies of ff and c na g

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭ohthebaby

Irish War of Independence has never been examined as such.

Either has SF's victory in 1918.

Fingers crossed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭TunnelWeb

Hey,im sitting the lc as an external student this year.Can Anyone tell me the deadline for the research study this year? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭MrPain

TunnelWeb wrote: »
    Hey,im sitting the lc as an external student this year.Can Anyone tell me the deadline for the research study this year? :confused:
    30th of April I think

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Jam-Fly

gregbelvo wrote: »
    What do you guys think may come up this year,Im thinking of the following possibilities:

Red Book (Earlier Irish) - Parnell,Butt,

Dictatorship and Democracy(Blue Book) - Hitler's Domestic &
    Foreign Policy,Mussolini Domestic and Foreign Policy,The purges
    Sov and Partition (Green Book) - Cumman na Gael and Fianna Fail Economic Policies,Sinn Feinn Victory 1917-18

Any predictions?

I think you mixed up the colours of the Irish books.
    1870-1914 is Green, and 1914-1949 is kinda light red.
    And my European book is blue too (about Bismarck, Russian revolutions etc)

I think 1913 strike and lock out may come in the LC. Parnell is also likely.
    CnG and Economic policy, or, even more likely, FF and Economic policy shoud come for Irish history 1914-1949

Rossa Parkes for the document question

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 eibhilin91

hi guys

did any1 sit their mocks yet? howd were they, were they really difficult?
    im kind of snowd under with just history at the mo!

any ideas for the dbq? i really hope vietnam does not come up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

phasers wrote: »

They're the ones we have. Our teacher decided to tell us before mid term that those books are aimed at OL. They contain more or less the same stuff as the other books but they information is more spaced out to make it easily read or something. The other book is more essay-orientated apperently, while the books we have just focus on actually getting the info across!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭bricky10

K4t wrote: »
    With JM Keynes as key personality. Make sure you have at least 2 paragraphs on him for doing that question.

2 Paragraphs? :eek:
    I would just have linked him into one and only talk about him briefly, ie, who he was and how he predicted a depression or whatever. I would have never game him 2 solid par's!!

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭daithiolabhrai

For Dict+Dem, I'm guessing Mussolini will come up in some form, and possibly the holocaust/anti-semitism.

For Sov+Part, I'm almost certain something to do with the economy under either Cumann na nGaedheal or Fianna Fail (or both) will come up.

And there's no point in guessing between the Montgomery Bus Boycott and the Moon Landing, both have equal chance of coming up. And I'm not ruling out the Vietnam War either.

Advertisement