Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oblivion

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Redlion

if anyone is interested in getting the game of the year edition, its only 35 euro in game, incredible price

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 0isin

God i got addicted to oblivion the first time i played, i got fallout 3 aswell and also got addicted! I was wondering what to do ive completed most of the main mission,but back to oblivion....donno what to do with defending Bruma.Anyone that has some advice please reply!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Oblivion is trash.

The overall story arc is beyond painfully boring. It utterly fails to draw you in, and instead of making you care about the fate of this world it makes you hate everyone and everything in it, especially the sodding mud crabs. The fast-travel was entirely necessary, not because the world was huge (Fallout 3 and Morrowind were huge, but I loved exploring to see what I could find), but because it was so all so god-awfully samey that going from city to city on foot would drive anyone with a soul insane.

The side quests were good, yes, but by the time You finally get out of the horrible, altogether far too long and unskippable tutorial, you won't care. And you'll have to travel a hundred copies of the same bloody field, fighting the same bloody wolves and getting ambushed by the same bloody highwaymen in order to find the damned things.

Every now and again I decide to reinstall it and give it another chance, and every single time I get fed up of the same ugly people, the same rubbish voice acting, the same scenery, the same f*cking Oblivion gates and the same thick-as-pigsh*t guards who end up battling eachother to the death instead of considering the small army of demons hacking bits off the villagers as any kind of threat.

I'm all for persevering at a game to get the full experience, but come on, people, enjoying Oblivion is just masochism.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

I completely and utterly disagree with everything you posted.

I don't know where to start.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

0isin wrote: »
    God i got addicted to oblivion the first time i played, i got fallout 3 aswell and also got addicted! I was wondering what to do ive completed most of the main mission,but back to oblivion....donno what to do with defending Bruma.Anyone that has some advice please reply!

I reinstalled the game on the back of this thread. I had previously given up because the whole defence thing really turned into a bore, not least because of having to destroy the damned Oblivion gates.

This is what you do:

After having a chat with Martin (he should be in the church in Bruma) you will be tasked with destroying the Oblivion gate that lies just outside each city. In other words, this means hopping in through the gate and getting the Sigil stone. After doing this you then pop into the city that the Oblivion gate was beside and talk to the person in charge and request aid. After you do this for each city you then go back to Bruma and talk to the countess. She will then have a chat with Martin and that begins the final part of the story.

Unless you enjoy walking around the plains of Oblivion, I would recommend getting yourself a strong invisibility spell and running to each Sigil stone without detection. When you walk into a tower look for a shaft of pulsating light that shoots from a well at the bottom and to the top of the tower. If you don't see this then the Sigil stone isn't in the tower. So just walk back out and check another one. By pinpointing your search and avoiding fights you can usually get each stone in about 10 - 15 minutes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I completely and utterly disagree with everything you posted.

I don't know where to start.:confused:

Why not start with the stunning variety of the dungeons, Thief-beating stealth mechanics, and the thrill you get every time you go through an Oblivion gate..?

ive passed it now ty for the advice,i was wondering if anyone wanted some duplicating glitches in whitch you can duplicate HUNDREDS of an item.(Its verry useful)

ive passe it now ty for advice,was wondering if anyone wanted any douplisating glitches?

Advertisement