Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

stuck on gears of war act 4

Options
  • 07-02-2009 1:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭

hey,

started playing gears of war recently....i'm stuck on act 4 and need some help.. basically its at the part where you decide to go left into the building or right into the streets (after killing boomers)..
    i went right but cant figure out how to kill the big alien that spits out flying alien.... looking up game guides they all say i should have went left into the building where i would find the hammer of dawn to kill him.... where do i find this if i go to the right?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

jobless wrote: »
    where do i find this if i go to the right?

you don't, just keep fighting and pushing forward, eventually the NPCs should kill him for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

sorry i'm a complete newb.... what are NPCs?...
    i killed all the villans in the courtyard and the big alien has stopped firing, he's not dead yet though.... basicall nthing happens after this and i cant find anyway out

jobless wrote: »
    sorry i'm a complete newb.... what are NPCs?...
    i killed all the villans in the courtyard and the big alien has stopped firing, he's not dead yet though.... basicall nthing happens after this and i cant find anyway out

sorry, yeah the NPCs are the guys controlled by the computer (non-player characters). If you are playing this on the PC you should be able to issue a command or something to get them to fire. Alternatively, if you can't get by it then find a cheat that gives you the HoD. I'm pretty sure though if you just keep moving forward they will kill him. Can you move out of the courtyard into the next area?

no i was stuck in the court yard for ages.... basically nothing was happening... i dont think i'm able to get the others to kill it either.... i'm playing on xbox

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

gamefaqs wrote:
    Now it's time to tackle the Corpser. You have to get the HoD. It's on the
    pathway, about in the middle of it but more so on the opposite end

from here

search A42 - then right path.

havent played Gears1 in ages

• Advertisement

thanks! nice link

kaimera wrote: »
    from here

search A42 - then right path.

havent played Gears1 in ages

ah, didn't realise there was a HoD on the right path. I've played through it a few times with friends, and I've always taken the left path. Whoever was on the right path never found the HoD so usually left it up to me to kill the corpser. So don't feel bad OP, I know a few other people who weren't able to find it as well :o

Advertisement