Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where for art thou banlist

Options
  • 07-02-2009 1:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭

The league of bastards isn't working. Its showing a blank page

www.boards.ie/vbulletin/banlist.php
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Dunno. They're being very secretive about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,106 ✭✭✭✭muffler

CuLT removed it for some reason or other. Its still available to mods though.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,307 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Obviously nobody ever goes looking for stuff on the second page any more

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

Or knows what "wherefore" means. :(

Or that it's one word.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Talliesin wrote: »

Or that it's one word.

It really was quite unfortunate that Juliet didn't know where Romeo was at the time. Given that the OED usually requires a word to be in common use for five years before being added and that Verona got its fifteen minutes of fame 500 years ago, it's plausible that "wherefore" has been usurped :(

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

We're not being secretive.... cult removed it for some reason. I'll ask him tomorrow when I'm in the office (tomorrow evening).

DeV.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

DeVore wrote: »
    We're not being secretive.... cult removed it for some reason. I'll ask him tomorrow when I'm in the office (tomorrow evening).

He took it off line because he thought it was adding to the slow down of boards and some dos hacking or *summit....

*summit covers the fact I haven't a clue about the last part of my sentence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Would love to have it back.

Must admit to getting a mini stiffy when I see some gimp I detest getting a good rattle of the banstick.

"Good enough for you you gimp" I say to my screen.

"Serves you right you whanker"

Do any other posters do that I wonder?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

You need to get out more FlutterinBantam.

Or get it out more

• Advertisement

It really was quite unfortunate that Juliet didn't know where Romeo was at the time.
    More to the point, it's unfortunate that even though Shakespeare uses it over a hundred times, including at least four other times in that play, that is the one bit people know (and misinterpret).
    Given that the OED usually requires a word to be in common use for five years before being added and that Verona got its fifteen minutes of fame 500 years ago, it's plausible that "wherefore" has been usurped :(
    I know that you are joking, but if people can't understand "wherefore art thou Romeo?" means "why is it that you are Romeo?" it might be worth pointing out that wherefore was around a long time before Shakespeare (late 12th or early 13th Century).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

I propose a Feedback ban for Talliesin for:
    a) encouraging this debate
    b) encouraging the use of 'wherefore'
    c) spotting the error - "where for"
    c) discussing Shakespeare outside of the English forum ... aka Spell Czechs
    d) discussing Shakespeare
    e) being right*

*this is of course the most fatal error - being right is neither desired nor acceptable in this forum

Wherefore is this a problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Talliesin wrote: »
    Could argue that the implication is "why is it gone". Stretching a bit though. Not much more than that Capulet slut coquette one did though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Do any other posters do that I wonder?

Yes. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

muffler wrote: »
    Its still available to mods though.

*Not Adverts Mods :)
    Actually if a user is site banned from Boards can they still post on Adverts ?

*Not Adverts Mods :)
    Actually if a user is site banned from Boards can they still post on Adverts ?
    No. But the reverse is OK.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Oh, had forgotten about this in the intervening period, my bad. Back and code has been hardened.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

That's not all that has been. Rawr

Advertisement