Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

im back!

Options
  • 07-02-2009 1:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭

on my last attempt i managed seven weeks off cigarettes but stupidly went back on them. I have re-read all my previous posts and am ready to start again! All help appreciated, i found this site helped me alot on my last attempt.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Don't be discouraged.

It took me three attempts to get it right.

Still going great guns for what will be a year soon. Just take it one step at a time. Tea, and chewing gum (not nicotine-I feel they're nothing but a crutch) will help.

If you can knock a week out of it at all, you're elected. The cravings do get less and less (after seven weeks you probably know that) as time goes by, and it gets so much easier.

You will think about them less and less as time goes by. I had a craving for a cigar last night-but it passed in seconds, and was the first I'd had in months.

Stick with it, you will prevail.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭dollyk

yea go for it, i slipped up too, but am back on track, it seems to take over your whole life sometimes , dont it, good luch dubgirl

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭the GALL

hey dubgirl
    I'd wondered were you'd got to you were on track for ages and then.....nuttin.
    Not to worry put it behind you and start again I see you've re-read all your previous post and it seems a lot clearer to you
    I found that I had to re-affirm myself why I was givin up every day (and still do) Im still off them Thank f**k,
    enough about me,
    start again,
    you know what you need to do,
    you have the support and backin of your friends here,
    so keep postin and good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭dubgirl15

thanks a mill everyone! Tomorrow is the day for me starting again. I was so annoyed at myself the last time for giving up. Cant believe i did so well and then decided to just have one! Dont ever have just one!

forgot to say congrats the gall! Fair play to you being off them and most of all for still posting and helping everyone else!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 547 ✭✭✭iseethelight

I'm about 15 cigs away from giving up.
    See i bought a load back from lanzarote at the end of nov and promised the g/f and more importantly myself i would give up when finished.
    So unless thers some in the car i will have reached the moment this eve -i been smoking far too many since i got these

good luck keep posting let us know how ur getting on

i'm gonna use the nicotine gum

well that attempt didnt work!!! Im really finding it so hard this time, practically everyweek i have been picking a day to start, lasting about 5 hours and giving in, its awful. Well today is another one of those days! Hope everyone else is doing well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭thebouldwhacker

Not to worry Dub, you'll get there:D

Keep trying different ways, methods, hobbies, friends etc until you find what works for you and when you are ready and REALLY want to stop smoking and the time is right you'll do it!!!
    http://whyquit.com/

Best of luck

Advertisement