Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

stump remover

Options
  • 07-02-2009 1:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭

hey every body i got an old tree stump in my garden and i want to remove it so i heard stump remover with high potassium nitrate like 90-100% purity is the best for fixing this problem .i was wondering did any of u know where i could buy some in waterford and roughly how much?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭JohnButler

hi mate

the quickest and best way to get rid of a tree stump is to use a stump grinder. Five minutes would have the stump grinded down to a few inches below the surface.

I see your in the port lairge area so you should ring a few tree surgeons and get some quotes and go with the cheapest, as the service will be the same! Could be expensive and inconvinient but im not sure what arborists charge down there, but its the quickest option.

Im not sure where to get stump remover but you calso just use normal fertilizer high in nitrogen to the same effect.

If you use fertilizer this is the way to do it.... You need to cut the stump down with a chainsaw as close to the ground as you can. Then drill a few large deep holes using the biggest drill bit you have, into the top of the stump. With that done fill your holes with water and add your fertilizer. Soak the ground all around the stump. Cover the stump with a plastic tarp. The tarp will act as a barrier to help retain moisture in and around the stump. Throw some mulch, such as tree bark or hay over the tarp and wet thoroughly. This will add additional moisture to the area and also help keep your tarp down. Every now and again remove your mulch and taro and fill your holes with water and fertilizer and soak the area again.

This is a long enough process but its inexpensive if its the way ya wanna go and arent in a hurry to have the stump removed.

Hope this helps.

JB

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭IIIAcHmEdIII

i dont want to pay loads of cash for some guy to do it i would rather wait for the stump killer to kill it

Advertisement