Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metallica live in Dublin

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

Mathiasb wrote: »
    Saw them last year in Dublin, the sound sucked (only bass, and almost too much of it), and it was extremely expensive. 70 euro or something like that?

I saw Megadeth, Testament (not my cup of teathough) and Judas Priest (YAY!!) in O2 for €45 only.. well worth the price!

Yeah exactly. Thought they were rubbish in Marlay, so bad we left early, so definitely wont be going to see them this year. Just hope they dont get announced for any of the festivals I'm going to!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,461 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

peter1892 wrote: »
    Yeah, it's official now - on metallica.com. Pity it's not indoors.

Thats where I took it from:D
    Oral Slang wrote: »
    Yeah exactly. Thought they were rubbish in Marlay, so bad we left early, so definitely wont be going to see them this year. Just hope they dont get announced for any of the festivals I'm going to!

Which festivals? Bear in mind, it said something bout last European date on the site, so may not be any more anouncements.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

This will be Metallica gig No 3 in 2009 alone!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

I've never been to Fairyhouse for a gig......what's it like?? I wonder who'll be the support act(s) for this gig???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

I've never been to Fairyhouse for a gig......what's it like?? I wonder who'll be the support act(s) for this gig???

Probably Mastodon !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,980 ✭✭✭Degag

I'm guessing that there is no accomodation within walking distance... this is what stopped me going to marley park, will probably stop me going here also.:(

Degag wrote: »
    I'm guessing that there is no accomodation within walking distance... this is what stopped me going to marley park, will probably stop me going here also.:(

Nothing a few bottles of Buckfast and a comfy looking ditch won't sort out:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

Delighted, i missed the last one (after many years goin) and of course the year i dont go is the year they play the song i wanna hear live the most, "so what"

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Hope they play it this year again i love it!

AC/DC in june then metallica in august i am delighted! :D

GAAman wrote: »
    Delighted, i missed the last one (after many years goin) and of course the year i dont go is the year they play the song i wanna hear live the most, "so what"

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Hope they play it this year again i love it!

AC/DC in june then metallica in august i am delighted! :D

Was exact same as me in Holland. Dunno why I hung around to watch them, should've gone to tent. Kinda hppy Istayed. Pity it was at the end though, if they penedwith it I would've fecked off!

Degag wrote: »

There will have to be busses up to, and back from the venue !!!

I cant believe it, Metallica twice in one year...I think i might wet myself !!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

Really wish it was indoors, will be 7th time seeing them and not once indoors:(:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭dcr22B

Beekay wrote: »
    Really wish it was indoors, will be 7th time seeing them and not once indoors:(:(

Exactly my thoughts and the reason why I won't be going.

The O2 sound is perfectly set-up for them to play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Huzzah, it wont be during my leaving cert!

Hopefully I'll be in attendance.

But if NIN come and cash is an issue, frankly screw Metallica, I saw em last year

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭PattheMetaller

peter1892 wrote: »
    Yeah, it's official now - on metallica.com. Pity it's not indoors.

Metallica.com also states they are playing Knebworth on 1st Aug.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

This will be Metallica gig No 3 in 2009 alone!

show number 5 for me. interesting choice of venue though but it's a bank holiday weekend,nice way to start:D

Cant wait

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Balls, looks like I won't be in the country. I'll be in Knebsworth in the VIP section. :(

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

venue has been changed,it's marley park:eek::mad:

looks like it may be promoted by youknowwho so this thread's gonna close real soon.

http://metallica.com/index.asp?1=1&item=601957

**** **** **** !!!

Marley Park was useless last year....save for the amazing gig.

I loath having to go back there...but fcuk it...its Metallica

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

I can see this thread closing soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

B E A utiful!!

loved marlay park last year, delighted they are coming back!!

saves me an august trip to knebworth!! lets bring alice in chains and A7X with them again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭A7X

B E A utiful!!

loved marlay park last year, delighted they are coming back!!

saves me an august trip to knebworth!! lets bring alice in chains and A7X with them again!

That won't be happening

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

Hated that venue last time:(:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭peter1892

Great, much better venue than having to go somewhere beyond the pale, Marlay is 20 minutes from my house :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

I don't like Marley at all, it's a pain in me hole to get to.

Why not Malahide Castle, at least that place has a Dart station 200 yards from venue.

At Marley last year i spent 90 minutes queuing to get in and missed most of Tenacious D, i did email the promotors but they didn't respond, like i expected them to :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

ship

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,103 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

scudzilla wrote: »
    I don't like Marley at all, it's a pain in me hole to get to.

Why not Malahide Castle, at least that place has a Dart station 200 yards from venue.

At Marley last year i spent 90 minutes queuing to get in and missed most of Tenacious D, i did email the promotors but they didn't respond, like i expected them to :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Marlay Park isnt hard to get to from City Centre since they run busses to and from there all day thats how i got to it most times coming from Kildare. Yea i went to the Foo's 2 years and it took us forever to get in id say a good hour

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Marlay Park isnt hard to get to from City Centre since they run busses to and from there all day thats how i got to it most times coming from Kildare. Yea i went to the Foo's 2 years and it took us forever to get in id say a good hour

Didn't say it was ard to get to, said it was a pain in me hole to get to as from Swords, Fairyhouse woulda been a lot easier, and if it was Malahide i coulda walked :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 267 ✭✭redenemyjoe

Overheard some speculation over the support acts yesterday. This guy, not sure if its in anyway reliable is saying Mastodon and Thin Lizzy.

Hmm...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,980 ✭✭✭Degag

Man, i'd be pretty pissed if i went off and booked a hotel, i'm sure a few people did!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement