Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metallica live in Dublin

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,461 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Overheard some speculation over the support acts yesterday. This guy, not sure if its in anyway reliable is saying Mastodon and Thin Lizzy.

Hmm...

It'll be something like that, they are all playing Sonisphere in UK, so it'll be within that range.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

peter1892 wrote: »
    Great, much better venue than having to go somewhere beyond the pale..... :)

god help you, poor lad...:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭peter1892

seachto7 wrote: »
    god help you, poor lad...:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Dublin Uber Alles! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭p to the e

had a ticket for them 3 years ago and ended up having to sell it so come on back!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

A7X wrote: »
    That won't be happening

why?

not being an arse but maybe provide some proof?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Don't think I'll be going to this one!? I f**kin HATE Marlay Park as a venue. Read my rant in this thread over on [url]www.metallicabb.com:[/url]

http://www.metallicabb.com/index.php?showtopic=93706&pid=2162511&st=225&#entry2162511.

It should be easy enough to pick out which one is me on this thread.

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

Fingers crossed it's Aiken promotions doing this gig so we have a properly organised concert.

Marley Park is a good venue, most of the complaints I've heard about it can be attributed to the organiser of the event.

Any news on when tickets go on sale?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

Yup, would have loved it to be indoors, dunno if il head to see em again this year...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

robby^5 wrote: »
    Fingers crossed it's Aiken promotions doing this gig so we have a properly organised concert.

Marley Park is a good venue, most of the complaints I've heard about it can be attributed to the organiser of the event.

March 10th

http://metallica.com/index.asp?item=601957

robby^5 wrote: »

AFAIK, they aren't responsible for the promotion of the gigs at this venue......??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

peter1892 wrote: »
    Dublin Uber Alles! ;)

Lebensraum :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭A7X

why?

not being an arse but maybe provide some proof?

Well I don't have proof, but A7X wont be supporting Metallica again I wudn't say. It was lucky for them to do it in the first place IMO. I also think It gave them a big ego that they didn't need.

Not sure about Alice in Chains, but i still don't think they will.

It's very unlikely to have the same line up three years after.
    I can imagine they wouldn't want to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Well I don't have proof, but A7X wont be supporting Metallica again I wudn't say. It was lucky for them to do it in the first place IMO. I also think It gave them a big ego that they didn't need.

Not only did they not need it, they have no reason to have it:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Id love to see them back to be honest.

well, the way im looking at it, chances are it will be bands from sonisphere,

Alice in chains and metallica are quite chummy,
    A7X havent been here in a while and i think the last time they cancelled?

Im not saying it WILL happen, just id like it to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭A7X

Fad wrote: »
    Not only did they not need it, they have no reason to have it:pac:

Ha yeah. Well i doubt Metallica asked for them specificly, but at that stage they were quite big. It did them good in exposure but I can imagine they thought they were great after it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Ha yeah. Well i doubt Metallica asked for them specificly, but at that stage they were quite big. It did them good in exposure but I can imagine they thought they were great after it.

*Shudder*

I'm not a fan.........City of Evil (And some of the older songs) were alright but the newer albums are just complete tedium.

Id say it was because of the mini Download thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 552 ✭✭✭whiterob81

Definitely won't be going to this if it's in marlay park. The gig last year was an absolute nightmare. metallica were great but getting to and from the venue was horrendous. And the queue to get in was ridiculous, just open a few more entrances. left my flat in the city centre at 5 and didn't in to the venue til 8. friggin catastrophe.
    I don't just blame you know who for the whole debacle, dublin bus can hang their heads over this as well. tryin to get one of the laid on buses home was also a bloody nightmare

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

whiterob81 wrote: »
    Definitely won't be going to this if it's in marlay park.

its in punchestown

check the death magnetic programme from their current UK concerts if you get an oppurtunity

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Africa

One More For Europe
    2/25/2009
    [ back ]

The venue has been changed to Marlay Park and tickets will go on sale on March 10. Met Club members should check www.metclub.com for ticket pre-sale information.

If you're heading out to the Nottingham show and happen to stop by the merch booth to check out the new World Magnetic tour program, you just might notice one show listed there that's not on the site . . . so in the interest of helping out our friends who can't join us in the UK tonight, on August 1 we'll be in Dublin at Marlay Park.

Its at Marley Park. Unfortunetly.

I hope they dont f*ck up the entry again this year though.

and i want some decent support acts! Something like Mastadon or that like...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 randy lug

i missed hem last year so i can't wait to go to this

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36 randy lug

i missed them last year so i can't wait to go to this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

was in the pit last year at marlay pk... transport to and especially from the venue is laughable (the queues for dublin bus back were hours long going back) but well worth it - will be goinng this year also. Is the support acts Lamb of God and Mastodon?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Max Power1 wrote: »
    Is the support acts Lamb of God and Mastodon?

I would hope not. They are two great bands but I am sick of seeing the same support act everytime I go and see Metallica, or a support act I have already seen live a few months earlier, I like the support act to be as fresh and exciting as the main act...or if the main act play here every year, Id like the support act to be someone special (would have to be wouldn't it to get people to come back?)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I'd love it to be Machine Head..... or Megadeth...... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

Africa wrote: »
    Its at Marley Park. Unfortunetly.

I hope they dont f*ck up the entry again this year though.

and i want some decent support acts! Something like Mastadon or that like...

That wasnt fun...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 DeanML

The support is Thin Lizzy, They self confirmed on their website:cool: I'm there!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Africa

Deadly. At least Lizzy are decent. hopeful for another good support now :D

DeanML wrote: »
    The support is Thin Lizzy, They self confirmed on their website:cool: I'm there!!!

I'm definetly NOT going to this. I don't want to see two of my favourite bands looking like old farts, and besides Lizzy are NOTHING without Phil Lynott.

EDIT: Do you have a link to this? I've looked on a couple of sites with the Thin Lizzy name, but can't find that announcement....?

Machine Head would be nice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Machine Head would be nice

It would be alright. You'd have to go to Germany to see them on August 1 though, they're headlining Wacken

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement