Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moved Into a House For The First Time - Some Questions

Options
  • 07-02-2009 3:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,987 ✭✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

The missus and myself have moved into a house (dublin) for the very first time (rented) after having only ever lived in apartments. We bring most of our rubbish to the local recycling centre however the letting agent mentioned something about green recycling bags and getting them collected.

The previous tenant left behind some DCC bags that are meant for the likes of cardboard, magazines, cans etc. Do these get collected from our door say once a week automatically or do we need to get a label for it. Also is this service free or do we need to pay for it?

As we are recycling most of our waste there is very little waste. However we can't recycling food waste so what do we do with it? We don't have a bin in the house so I presume we can leave out a different bag for the binmen. Where do I get one of these and how much do the bags/tags cost? Finally we have been using the fireplace instead of burning gas, how can we dispose of the ashes?

My apologies for all the questions. It's the first house we've ever lived in and it's certainly different from life in an apartment.

Comments

Best thing to do is ask one of the neighbours, local knowledge is needed here.

Advertisement