Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Domestic water pump

Options
  • 07-02-2009 3:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭

I am looking to add a domestic water pump to an existing house 2 storey (7 yrs old). Hot tank located on 2nd floor. Water pressure is dreadful, have tried cleaning heads etc.,without joy.

How much will a pump shower & main bath as shower head there (if it does handbasins bonus but not essential.)? Are any changes to piping necessary? If your located / service North County Dublin and want to quote please PM me.

Thanks

Emul

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭Kashkai

Just a word of advice, we added a pump to our water system and while we have great pressure in showers, sinks etc, it has blown several joints due to the increased pressure AND the crap plumbing work of the "Plumber". If your house is old, the pipework might not be able to handle the increased pressure and any weakness in the pipes/joints will be exposed and you'll have leaks all over the place like us :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭emul

I am hoping with a house only built 6 years ago that the piping would not be an issue....but then again with all the other things that have gone wrong I'll probaly go the direction of an electric shower.

Advertisement